We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 Hours at Victoria Falls - must do list?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
85 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
24 Hours at Victoria Falls - must do list?

I'm spending about 24 hours at Victoria Falls (Zim side) in March 2015, and other than the obvious (falls) what else is a must see/do? I'm staying at the Ilala Lodge. Thanks in advance!

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 24 Hours at Victoria Falls - must do list?

Blondesteven,

Coming from Cali, I had the exact same question and spent some time researching it and came up with WHITEWATER RAFTING!!! The Zambezi is one of the best rivers in the world. $140 pp. Good luck!

~Lucky Chucky

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
870 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 24 Hours at Victoria Falls - must do list?

Must do for one person is not necessarily a must do for another... Bungee is a prime example, so it is a bit of a difficult question to answer

Rafting in March is not that great, the water level is high so the trips are shorter and less exciting.

The Falls in March are very full so the spray is intense, therefore seeing the Falls by air from a helicopter I would say is a must do activity.

Getting onto the Zambezi River above the Falls I would also say is a must do, there are various options like a canoe trip, sunset cruise, sunset and dinner cruise, afternoon raft float or a sunset jetboat.

Viewing the Falls from Livingstone Island I think is a must do, it should still be open in March, this year it closed on the 5th April. This can only be done from the Zambian side.

There are a couple of pointers, but there are still plenty of other things available.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
85 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 24 Hours at Victoria Falls - must do list?

Many thanks! Steven

4. Re: 24 Hours at Victoria Falls - must do list?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 30, 2015