We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much US$ can you take into country? & Multi-entry visas

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How much US$ can you take into country? & Multi-entry visas

Hi we are travelling to visit friends in Zim in a weeks time. Can anyone confirm how much US$ you can take into the country please. I read somewhere it's $500 but as we need to pay accommodation in US$ and some don't take travellers cheques we'll need to take more than that.

Also we are flying into Bulawayo airport from JoBerg, anyone know how much a multi-entry visa is, as we'll be visiting some neighbouring countries while we are there. I know it's about US$45 for a single entry visa.

Thanks very much.

uk
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: How much US$ can you take into country? & Multi-entry visas

there is no limit in regards to how much to carry in zim, also most places will welcome all traveller's cheques. for accommodaion you can pay using your visa/master cards./cash ,the choice is all yours. to be more exact all hotels take cards, but food , fuel you will need cash in zim dollars.

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much US$ can you take into country? & Multi-entry visas

I paid $30 USD for a single entry visa. No one wants ZWD and everyone prefers USD. I would take a lot of USD and not state how much you have on you. I was told not to put an amount on the entry visa form by my guide and no one asked or checked.

3. Re: How much US$ can you take into country? & Multi-entry visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 26, 2009