We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Travel

Zhengzhou, China
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Travel

I plan to be in Zimbabwe around September 2013. I interested in Vic Falls and a visit to either mana Pools NP or Hwange NP. I will be going with my girlfriend, we are budget backpackers and i am worried, as the price of accomodation and travel seems expensive in Africa.. espeically as i am coming from spending the last few years around Asia which is very cheap. Anyone had any experience doing this on a low budget? We are looking to camp as much as possible and couch surf where possible. Any help would be great.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Travel

You will find some good budget accomodations here:

http://www.victoriafalls-guide.net/

2. Re: Budget Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:35 am, February 25, 2013
San Diego...
Level Contributor
94 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Travel

We used hostelworld to pick out a hostel near the falls, far less expensive than all of the other lodging recommendations on here. I would check out lonely planet or other travel forums that might have more budget travels. I know there is a train station near Hwange, you might need to rent a car to get around the parks on your own though.

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Travel

Southern Africa is definitely more expensive than SE Asia. You can find cheap backpackers accommodation in Zimbabwe...Shoestrings in Vic. Falls for example is $11 for the dorm and you can camp there as well. Transport is relatvely inexpensive, but food is close to Westerm prices. For a safari into a national park you will need your own vehicle or book a tour (which there are budget camping safaris available). Vic Falls is very close to Hwange and Chobe (Botswana), but Mana Pools is quite a ways and more isolated. No safari in Southern Africa is going to be super cheap, but it can be done with a reasonable budget.

5. Re: Budget Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 08, 2014