We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carthage airport-Tunis city

Alice Springs...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Carthage airport-Tunis city

First time in Tunisia - in May 2014. Arriving at Carthage airport how do i get to my hotel in the town centre? is there a shuttle bus? This being just an overnight i need to be close to the train station and I have just 24 hours to visit, rest and eat! any "must-do" suggestion? Thx. MC

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carthage airport-Tunis city

I would suggest the Bardo Museum and maybe a short walk along the medina of Tunis.

Depends a bit of where you are going afterwards offcourse.

Level Contributor
8,829 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carthage airport-Tunis city

The airport is very close to the centre, only a few miles. A metered taxi should cost no more than around 5 dinars, depending on arrival time. I have never researched the bus, perhaps someone may have the details. Like taxi drivers everywhere they will try to charge more - if you agree a fare make sure it is dinars. Last time the driver tried to tell me he meant euros.

3. Re: Carthage airport-Tunis city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 01, 2015