We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Tunisia

Which Tunis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KATONAH, new york
8 posts
Save Topic
2 weeks in Tunisia

Bringing family of 4 to Tunisia for 2 weeks in August. Kids 11 & 15. Just started researching - looking for advice on filling up our itinerary. Kids are already well traveled thru Europe - want to combine great beach vacation with something else - Looking for some ideas - Do we take a short hop to Libya? Is that possible for AMericans? do we bother?

england
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Tunisia

Hi,I have just returned from tunisia and my wife and i took a 2 day trip down to the sahara desert. The trip was organised by our holiday company and was an incredible experience. we saw a massive colaseum, the star wars film set, troglodite dwellings waterfalls, rode camels through the desert, saw amazing sunset and sunrise, you and your kids will love it .If you take this trip you will see Algeria and its fantastic mountains. have a great trip but be prepared to haggle and stay alert

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Tunisia

Hey Andy.

I am going to Tunisia on 10th of June. I am planning to take Sahara desert trip. You said in your post you saw Algeria!!!!!!!! Did you actually go in there??? Both the British and Irish embassy say that Algeria and Libya are very dangerous and run high risk of kidnapping and terrorism. I know because I wanted to visit a friend in Algeria but was put off by dire warnings. Its sad I will be so close to her but cannot cross to see her.

I would advise you BCILIA and your family to be very careful as I am sure the embassies have reasons to warn people!!!

england
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Tunisia

Hi there, you will be 500 metrs from the border ,but all you will see is mountains. I Highly recomend the sahara trip and would advise you upgrade to the select option as you will only have 25 people on a 52 seater bus and you also get to the sights first and also get a trip into the atlas mountains in 4wd vehicles . HAVE A GREAT TRIP

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks in Tunisia

hi andy

we are going to skanes in 2 weeks and are thinking of going of the sahara trip how much extra is it to upgrade, also do you recommend it for children, i have a 5 yr old

thanks

england
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks in Tunisia

HI THERE .The trip is fantastic ,but a very long way. 900 miles in 2 days.your child will love it if he or she can take a long journey

england
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks in Tunisia

Hi I forgot to mention how much the upgrade for the sahara trip is . It is another 20 pounds each ,but well worth it

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 weeks in Tunisia

thanks andy, your information is much appreciated.

richmond va
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 weeks in Tunisia

can you tell me what company you used for the 2 day Sahara desert trip? What city did you depart from? We will be in Tunis in early July. I would love to do this trip but I am worried about the heat. Were the buses well-kept and air-conditioned?

england
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 weeks in Tunisia

Hi. Our trip was booked with thomson holidaays but all the tour companies run sahara excursions. The busses are all first class wiith good air con and you have plenty of stops, but it will be very hot. have a good trip.