We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sun Beach hotel

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sun Beach hotel

Has anyone ever stayed here.

What did you think.

I have read many mixed reviews as as my trip gets closer I am starting to panic more nad more.

Is it good for kids etc.

Are the beauty treatments expensive?

Please any advise would be welcome

Bardo Museum
Specialty Museums
Medina of Tunis
Historic Sites, Neighborhoods, Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Zitouna Mosque
Sacred & Religious Sites
Liverpool
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sun Beach hotel

Hi eehaa

We are going to the same resort in june and just wondered wether you have been yet?

As we are worried by the same reviews that you must have read!

We are lookin for a relaxing trip and are in our 20's so if you have any advice or input it would be much apriciated.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: sun Beach hotel

Hi I havent been yet we fly out this Friday so will let you know when I get back

ok :)

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sun Beach hotel

Hi dont worry we had a fantastic time there,

The staff were very friendly and the food was the best from what we had heard from other hotels.

How long are you going for?

Only reason I am asking is that we went for 2 weeks and we broke it up by having a few excursions. A young couple we knew stayed at the resort and got bored.

The pool is great and most people go to the beach through the day so its quiet.

Entertainment is ok and the games are fun but beware it is mainly french that go there and they always win the games.

Please if you read this before you go can you take a picture of a guy called Heikal as he was my kids entertainer and we had our camera stolen at Milan airport so we have nothing to show for our stay so if you could please at least take a pic of him and maybe a few of the other animators and the resort we would be very grateful.

Hope you have a good time we were very relaxed over there and none of us wanted to leave

Thanks Tracey

Liverpool
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sun Beach hotel

Hi! It's nice to hear you had a good time, and you've calmed my nerves now aswell. We're going for one week next wednesday (14th) All we really wanted was a relaxing holiday in the sun, so from your review I think we'll get what we're going for. I speak almost fluent french so think we'll get by on that front, the only thing Im worried about was someone's review which mentioned raw sewage being pumped in to the sea??!!!

I'd be happy to take some photos for you, I'll send them to you over Email when we get back.

Did you go for any of the beauty treatments? if so what were they like?

What were the selection of drinks like?

Thank you!!

Zoey :-)

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: sun Beach hotel

Hi

I read that about the raw sewage being pumped into the sea too well I didnt see any I also read about the dead fish and jelly fish which wasnt true. The sea was so blue it was beautiful and none of us had any hesatation about going in.

There is a relax centre there and when you arrive at the hotel you will be bombarded by men trying to sell you trips etc a clear no will suffice to get rid but one of them is from the relax centre now he will sell you their special offer which I had. It was a Turkish bath, salt scrub, mud treatment (which made your skin tingle) and a massage for £30 which is a bargain. Now when you go there they only speak French and the girl that did the scrub and mud went round asking everyone if the could translate french to English as I know no French and eventually she found someone and this French woman told me I had to go back the next day to tip the girl. This annoyed me and no I didnt go back and tip her. I told the rep and she said they shouldnt ask either especially as all you are toild to take is your bikini and towel.

Drinks I am not a drinker and only had the odd lager which was nice but they do wines and on a night they did a cocktail, they did have other drinks there but what they had I couldnt really tell you I am afraid.

Anything else you want to know just shout and thanks for the photos in advance

Tracey

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: sun Beach hotel

Hi

Did you have a good time out there.

Hope the weather was nice for you

Tracey

Malta
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sun Beach hotel

Hi to all,

My gf and me (both in our 20's) are going to Tunis in beginning of Sept.

We are going to stay for 3 nights at the El hana hotel, and the remaining of our holiday in Sousse.

I have read mixed up reviews of the hotel, and also about the rooms.

Do they have kitchens in the hotel rooms? coz according to this site they do. smartertravel.com/travel-guides/…

Also, for all of those who went, is there somewere when i can get a decent road map of Tunis and Sousse, as they are truly expensive here in Malta.

Another thing, is it true that you have to tip every person you come across, I mean I dont mind tipping for a good service..

Does anybody have an idea what the costs are for excursions, camel rides, quad bike rentals? water sports and such.. Any place you'd suggest we go?

Tks

sam

8. Re: sun Beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 15, 2009