We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

UAE
7 posts
Save Topic
Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

Hello

We have some unexpected vacation time pop-upJanuary27-Feb 1st and we just thought of Tunisia so weather wise it it a good time to be in Tunis ? or go to a beach area.We live close air travel wise and I just just found a good deal.

We are looking at,Tunis,Sousse or Monastir ,but since its only a short period of time do people have other favorites we should think about. .

Anything thing safety wise we should worry about?We come from a very dangerous country so we know all the common since things and we have traveled a lot in 20 some years.

Just thought of Tunisia so no guide in my hands yet or research on this basic stuff.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Tunis
Tunis
Tunis Governorate, Tunisia
Sousse
Sousse
Sousse Governorate, Tunisia
Monastir
Monastir
Monastir Governorate, Tunisia
Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

The weather at this time see the current link

accuweather.com/en-us/…forecast2.aspx

It would appear the best temp.to expect is 65 deg F not really beach weather but pleasant to walk around..

If you are flying into Tunis airport or Enfida and only have a short time then I would base in Yasmine Hammamet a pleasant new resort,also a short taxi ride from the old town of Hammamet.. Sousse area to the north of the town is pretty good but I would avoid Monastir although the hotels are good it is somewhat isolated. In Sousse you can go to Port El Kantoui easy by taxi or in fact visit Monastir for the day by the small metro train that runs from the port area of Sousse.I take it you need to find a hotel ? let me know

It is a pretty safe location as long as you take care in crowded places against pickpockets,as in any other country. I have been over 60 times and NEVER had a problem. What country do you come from?

Edited: 3:24 am, January 03, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Tunis
Tunis
Tunis Governorate, Tunisia
Hammamet
Hammamet
Nabeul Governorate, Tunisia
Sousse
Sousse
Sousse Governorate, Tunisia
Monastir
Monastir
Monastir Governorate, Tunisia
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

If you live in the Middle East you'll have no problem with Tunisia.

Tunisians tend to everything themselves.

You won't see any third country nationals doing any of the menial tasks. But don't expect everything to be spick'n'span as municipal cleaning departments seen to be an unknown species!

No religious police telling you to cover up!

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
UAE
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

Thanks for the Info,but we changed are plans and we are heading someplace else.

dundee
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

am thinking of going to tunisia in november what is weather like then

Edited: 6:05 am, July 09, 2011
London
Level Contributor
8,865 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

Bit better than January but still very unpredictable. I always go November because start of the low season and much cheaper. Normally have mostly sunny days but not laying on the beach weather - 20c max if you are lucky.

dundee
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

thanks for your reply very cheap deals going for then never been to tunisia we are thinking of hammenet

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

Last year it was very hot in November and in early december. It was no problem to sit on the beach. Some (brave) people even still swam in the sea.

dundee
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

Thanks for your reply have booked 2 weeks 20th november great deal

9. Re: Tunisa, IS NOW a good time to visit. weather wise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Tunis
Recent Conversations