We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety in tunis

Georgia,USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
safety in tunis

We are cruising to Tunis (Costa Magica) in November.

My husband is worried it will not be safe for us,as americans with a child, to get off the ship. I really would like to see it and take in a little shopping, so any insight would be great.

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety in tunis

You will be very safe. Tunisians are very hospitable and they also take tourism very seriously. Just remember its a muslim country and leave the beach clothes on the ship and you will be fine.

Enjoy

London
Level Contributor
8,200 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety in tunis

No worries - just go and enjoy.

Georgia,USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: safety in tunis

Thank you so much, for the insight. I am excited and can't wait to go!!!

Tunis
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: safety in tunis

Hi! I'm an American living in Tunis and you really should have no problems. If you've been to Rome, you'll be fine here. It's a muslim country, but often the girls dress here more risque than back home. Beach wear is also not a problem, most Europeans go topless at the tourist beaches. If your just stopping in Tunis, beach wear won't be your issue. You need to see Carthage, the ruins and the Bardo museum. Enjoy your time, the food and experience the place. Tunisians hold no ill wishes for Americans. One thing you may notice is if your kids are blonde, they may get kissed A LOT!! My son is forever getting kissed!

Georgia,USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: safety in tunis

That is so funny, my son is blonde, I think i'll let that be a surprise.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: safety in tunis

we are on the Magica 14 nov and have been thinking the same, but have been to Egypt in the past without any problems

Get answers to your questions about Tunis