We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

Pevensey, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

Hi Verity from London has suggested Tunisia as a family destination for us. 2 grandparents, 2 adults & 6&8 yr ojd boy and girl. We are looking for:-

sun tho not steaming

pool, maybe beach

hotel. - inclusive or half board

other possibles,

activities or club - water or other, self catering with clean restaurants , shops ,

Any suggestions for hotel of low to medium price. 2 rooms or 1 room plus 2 interlocking rooms with some of the above for half terms in May or Oct. Thank you.

Edited: 5:25 pm, June 18, 2015
Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

Hi,

If you are booking package holiday will often find that hb, fb or AI is not that much more expensive than SC.

Many tourists do not feel comfortable the hotel complex, if you feel the same SC can become difficult.

We stay at Hotel Mediterranee in Hammamet North, AI, we paid £260 each for a week for 29th may this year, nice hotel 3 pools great animation team, good location

Edited: 5:34 pm, June 18, 2015
Pevensey, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

Thanks for this...... I'll take a look.

We have to go at half term, which next year is May 30th or late October. I believe. No doubt costs will be higher.

We had 610.00 each for Italy - door to door and everything we spent. Food, transfers, travel, seats, cases. drinks ices outing to Venice, spending - everything . 6 pools, slides, flumes, playground, private beach, play castle and boat, evening patios to use when the children are asleep. If AI is buffet that might suit us well cos my D I L is vegetarian and she could pick and mix.

Are there vaccinations for Tunisia. Weve had lots of jabs bt the family have had none.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

I think if you want to use pool/beach end of May might be better then octobre as it is very early dark then and the water will be cool already.

AI are nearly all the time buffet - half board also - in Tunisia.

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

30 may should be nice weather i.e. hot, sea and pools will be pleasant.

You may needs some jabs, contact your GP in plenty of time they know your family medical history and will know what you need and if your routine jabs are up to date.

Pevensey, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

Thanks we are up to date but young family have no vacs. Would have to ask Mum about how she feels.

Tunisia sounds nice.

Any mossies in May or October.....

Pevensey, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

Would you mind telling us the company you we went with to Meterrani Hotel please. Its a long tiime since we grandpies have used a travel group for hols !! ?

Edited: 4:08 am, June 20, 2015
Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

Yes you can get mozzies in both May and Oct. Depends on many factors such as weather.

We had a cpl in our room in May.

Pevensey, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

Thanks they do get everywhere. I had a huge bite in Italy this year and we only saw 2 mossies!!

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

I went for a nice walk here in Suffolk and got two horsefly bites.....way worse they mozzies!

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family holiday - 6 in family , 6-8 years

<<<Thanks they do get everywhere. I had a huge bite in Italy this year and we only saw 2 mossies!!>>

Surprisingly, it's the ones you don't see that do the damage (wink)!