We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where are the migration animals right now? MM or Sereng?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Where are the migration animals right now? MM or Sereng?

hi,

i was wondering if there's a good website that tracks the wildebeest migration 2013 that i can check-in on the current status?

will be departing for Masai Mara and Serengeti soon and want to know my chances of spotting migration

travel dates are

Oct 26 + 27 = Serengeti Central

Oct 28 + 29 = Serengeti North / Mara River

Oct 29 + 30 + 31 = Masai Mara

thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where are the migration animals right now? MM or Sereng?

Thanks Carel V

Oct 26 + 27 = Serengeti Central => Serengeti Kati Kati Camp

Oct 28 + 29 = Serengeti North / Mara River => Serengeti North Wilderness Camp at Kogatende

Oct 29 + 30 + 31 = Masai Mara => Ilkeliani Camp (2nights) + Porini Lion Camp (1night)

Is Kogatende near to Lobo?

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where are the migration animals right now? MM or Sereng?

I will be in Central Serengeti on October 22nd and Serengeti North / Mara 23rd - 25th. I will try to update you then!

Mentioned in this post
Crane Lake...
Level Contributor
536 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where are the migration animals right now? MM or Sereng?

Just got back from Mara and triangle area 24 hours ago ( Oct 13). We were there for 5 days. We did not see any crossing ( in fact around the river there were no Wildebeest to speak of) however there was plenty of evidents that the major crossing appeared to have happend. Crossed the Mara and went up to the Keyna border and saw no herds in waiting. River was full of bodies and all the scavagers of birds and 4 legs were there to pick the bones. We saw more South and it appears they are in TZ and moving South as we headed north. South the grass was green and a goodly number of Wildebeest were there. I guess for us there is always the next time to catch a crossing. Flew into Lobo also green grass and WB, flew out from Kogatende.

Crapshoooter

Crapshoooter

Edited: 6:01 pm, October 14, 2013
14. Re: Where are the migration animals right now? MM or Sereng?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 16, 2014