We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Southern Serengeti

Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Southern Serengeti

Hi,

We are hoping to visit the Serengeti National park sometime in December/January. Could someone please let us know of budget accommodation in the area? The Ndutu Lodge seems the only place around and its not exactly budget. Any other places you could recommend?

Thank you

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,623 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Southern Serengeti

There are Campsites near NCA Ranger post/headquarters but most Lodges in that area are expensive for good reason.

Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Southern Serengeti

Thanks for replying Mfuwe, would have any email addresses or websites I could look up?

Thanks

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,623 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Southern Serengeti

Try this.

http://www.ngorongorocrater.org

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Southern Serengeti

Buccaneer7

All the campsites around Lake Ndutu area special campsites- which means a tour operator would use them and then set up a camp either mobile or semi permanent for their own clients.

A fair few operators have taken these sites for longer periods and have semi permanent camps set up.

I would ask a few tour operators what they have available at that time.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Southern Serengeti

Hi, I am looking to do the same thing in December/January. I am looking for any names of operators who provide great business who I could email about setting something up for December/January. Buccaneer7 I am looking for the same thing you are. Southern Serengeti in December/January.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Southern Serengeti

This post is a year old. You would get better answers if you ask your own question and start a new thread.

Try the Ndutu Lodge. The time you will be going is a very high season of the year, so expect to pay higher prices and accommodations to be filling up.

7. Re: Accommodation in Southern Serengeti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 19, 2014