We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Climb with GodListen as your guide!

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Climb with GodListen as your guide!

I only have good things to say about GodListen, and there are not enough words to describe how amazing he is as a person, friend, and Mt. Kilimanjaro trek leader. My husband and I went on a private hike up Mt. Kilimanjaro for our honeymoon in February 2012 (Machame route). We had never planned such a big trip before and no matter how much we planned ahead of time we expected things to go wrong. We heard so many horror stories from people we talked with who have also attempted to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. However, nothing went wrong! GodListen was waiting at the airport with a sign when we landed, checked us in to our hotel, fit us with the correct size gear that we rented, and talked us through what our safari and hike would be like. We felt secure, confident, and relaxed from the first day to the last day because he always kept us well informed, was always on time, and was extremely nice.

Communication can be a big issue in Africa because not everyone speaks English well. However, GodListen speaks perfect English. We met many other hikers who were having major communication issues with their guides, which I think would have been very stressful. GodListen is also by far the most knowledgeable on the mountain. Wherever we were people were coming to him for advice. In fact, a hiker in another group from a different climbing company needed a medical evacuation and his guide had no idea what to do. Their guide came to GodListen and asked what needed to be done. GodListen went above and beyond and wrapped the sick individual in an emergency blanket, found a stretcher, and hiked 2 hours back down the mountain to the nearest evacuation site and then 2 hours back up the mountain to us. We felt extremely safe with GodListen’s guidance.

We were also very impressed by the past clientele GodListen has brought up the mountain. He led Jessica Biel and Kyle Maynard to name just a few.

GodListen is so strong too! When my husband and I were struggling he would do whatever he could to make things better. He carried our daypacks many times, reminded us to go pole-pole (slow),and took our oxygen level and heart rate every night to make sure we were healthy. My husband and I are not athletes so GodListen worked with our hiking abilities to keep us going!

We made it to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro and it was the most amazing experience of our lives! We could not have done it without the great guidance of GodListen. We are now back home in the USA and still talk with GodListen and continue our relationship. I would strongly recommend you have GodListen as your leader to the top of Africa!

His email address is godlistenmoshi@gmail.com

tanzania
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Climb with GodListen as your guide!

Hi Katie ! Thank you very much for sharing it is nice to hear these kind of reports and guides do their best to make sure their client have a life time experience. What company does he own?

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Climb with GodListen as your guide!

He is starting his own company right now so he is still working on a website and everything. However, you can hire him as your guide through a few other companies for now, such as 'KiliSummit' which is what I went through. I would email him and he will let you know what to do.

His email adddress is: godlistenmoshi@gmail.com

Edited: 8:20 pm, October 08, 2012
3. Re: Climb with GodListen as your guide!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, October 10, 2012
Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Climb with GodListen as your guide!

I trained for one year. My husband and i met with a personal trainer 3 or 4 times and did everything else on our own. We honestly relied on our youth, we are 24. We did not train too much, which was a huge mistake. We should have more because at the hotel after the climb we could not even walk down stairs, seriously. I would recommend others train way more than we did.

Marietta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Climb with GodListen as your guide!

I appreciate your candidness on the subject of training for your Kilimanjaro summit. Maybe it will inspire others attempting to summit Kili, to train properly for the trek. I am the founder of Fit for Trips and have decided from an anecdotal perspective that climbing stairs has a critical carryover to the Kilimanjaro ascent. Stairs also help the body acclimate to the rigors of the descent.

6. Re: Climb with GodListen as your guide!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, October 30, 2012
7. Re: Climb with GodListen as your guide!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, October 30, 2012
Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Climb with GodListen as your guide!

My family (i.e. - myself, my wife, my mother-in-law, and my mother-in-law's boyfriend) and I recently climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro with Godlisten as our climbing guide in September 2012. It was an amazing experience. Him and his staff made us feel like Kings & Queens on the mountain. He was always attentive to our needs. Especially when we were not feeling that great physically due to the high altitude.

Due our climb with Godlisten, we have made a very good friendship and we are continuing to keep in touch as of now.

So, if you are considering climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro you should definitely consider using Godlisten as your guide.

~Leroy~

9. Re: Climb with GodListen as your guide!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, December 14, 2013