We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Kilimanjaro

Jamaica
2 posts
Save Topic
Mount Kilimanjaro

I and my partner we need to climb mount kilimanjaro before the end of this year we came across with different company, did anyone know MARAKUO TOURS? and how about their professional also which route will you recommend for us?..

10 replies to this topic
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

Never heard them but you can visit www.kiliporters.org more fact about kilimanjaro TO climbing organise

Jamaica
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

thaks for the info

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

its better to make a wide research before the climb but i know the company i did only safari with them i dont know about the trekking

i can recommend them.

4. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, September 15, 2017

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

Be careful who you book your treks through. A good source for finding a reputable trekking company is International Mountain Explorers Connection (IMEC). You can view the companies that are members of the Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP) and book your trek through one of the companies that ensure proper treatment practices for porters on Mount Kilimanjaro.

Mentioned in this post
Kilimanjaro National Park
Kilimanjaro National Park
Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania
Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

I did the Machame route because it was more scenic. I believe Lemosho is longer and has a steeper climb at the beginning but is a less crowded trail. I believe these are the two most popular trails and would recommend either one for 7 days unless you are in very good shape and backpack you can pull off 6 days but it is tough!

Moshi, Tanzania
Level Contributor
53 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

Hi,

You may also make a wide research of your choices. Ask different questions to different companies.The best route for you will be Lemosho 8 days or Machame 7 days.They are the routes that are used by Non Mountaineering and people who have no mountain experience at all.

Visit https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g317… to see the best advises from Trip Advisor.

8. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:31 pm, January 10, 2018
Edited: 8:31 pm, January 10, 2018

United States
Level Contributor
200 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

Never heard of them.

As for routes, we recommend 9 day Northern Circuit, 8 day Lemosho, or 7 day Rongai or Machame - depending on how many days you want to spend on the mountain. We recommend a minimum of 7 days for the best chance of acclimatizing.

Edited: 12:03 pm, October 17, 2017
10. Re: Mount Kilimanjaro

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:56 pm, November 23, 2017

Reply to: Mount Kilimanjaro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted