We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit visa needed

Felsberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transit visa needed

Hi, I have a flight from Addis Ababa to Johannesburg via Dar es Salaam in October.

I have a transfer time of less than 2 hours in Dar; do I need a transit visa for this.

I can't seem to find any definitive answers to this but knowing in advance would be helpful.

Can anybody help? I'd be very grateful for information.

Thanks in advance.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit visa needed

As long as you don't leave the airport you don't need a visa.

Felsberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit visa needed

Is this true even if they direct us through immigration?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit visa needed

They might direct you through immigration, but I would tell them that you are transferring to another flight so that they can direct you to the flightside terminal. If that is the case you might need to get your luggage if it has not been checked through, and for that you need to go through immigration.

I would ask a flight attendant how to get to the flight you are transferring to.

Felsberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit visa needed

5. Re: Transit visa needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 31, 2015