We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Safari

India
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Budget Safari

Hi,

Just want to understand the quality of "Budget" Safaris as most operators describe economical travel with shared bathrooms and amenities.

We are planning a trip from Dar es Salaam to Arusha and then on to the Serengeti National Park, Manyara National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater.

Is it best to start from Arusha or from Kili when we are arriving from Dar es Salaam.

Thanks in advance.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Budget Safari

I real enjoyed doing a budget safari not from money point of view but my tour operator explained it as more adventure. Camping at Seronera Campsite and hear sounds of hyenas/lions is something difficult to forget.

Safari Njema

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Budget Safari

Hi Karen F

I'm adding to this post because I am arriving in Dar Es Salaam on 2nd October want to do more or less the same itinerary as yourselves. I'm a solo female traveler so would ideally like to join a group. Did you manage to sort out any arrangements? If so, may I ask who you booked with? If you do not wish to say in this thread would it be possible for you to send me a pm?

Thanks

Marion

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Budget Safari

Hi Marion (bug44boo)

No we haven't booked yet or really made a decision having trouble getting internet access at the moment but i would be interested in us teaming to lower costs. I haven't quite got the hang of this site on my phone but if you pm me i'll get in touch over the next few days if you haven't already got yourself sorted.

Regards

karen

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Budget Safari

Hi Karen

I sent you a pm but not sure if you got it or maybe you haven't got internet access at the moment? I'm still up for doing the safari so if you're still interested let me know, either via pm or here. I'm closely monitoring this now so I'll reply as soon as you get in touch

Marion

Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Budget Safari

Hi Marion & Karen,

I've been reading your messages, but unsure if you managed to book anything. We are going to Dar es Salaam in November and want to do a three night safari. We were looking around the Kilimanjaro area, but really haven't a clue what we want to see. We are also are on budget so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Budget Safari

Hi jusbug55

We still haven't booked anything. Its a minefield out there and our budget constraints are limiting our options but we may have found something for Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater, that seems quite reasonable. Final decisions will probably be made this week. We have been discussing privately so don't really want to post anything until we know exactly what we're doing

Shame you're not travelling the same time as us, we would have ideally liked to have had a bigger group

Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Budget Safari

Thanks for replying bug44boo. Please can let me know how you get. I agree with the minefield of choices!

Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Budget Safari

Thanks for replying bug44boo. Please can let me know how you get. I agree with the minefield of choices!

19. Re: Budget Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 23, 2015