We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest hotel to airport

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest hotel to airport

I'm looking for a hotel near DAR airport and saw that the Transit motel was recommended, however they don't seem to have available rooms on the date I'm arriving. What would be the other closest hotel to the airport (any price option)? Many thanks!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest hotel to airport

That is the only hotel which is close to the airport. Others will be at least 30 minutes away.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest hotel to airport

And which ones are 30 minutes away please?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest hotel to airport

Is there not a list of Dar hotels, with reviews, somewhere on this site? Click on the "Hotels" tab above and see if that helps you.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest hotel to airport

I found the Protea Hotel Courtyard, they say it's 20 minutes from the airport - is this true?

Mentioned in this post
Protea Hotel Dar es Salaam Courtyard
Protea Hotel Dar es...
419 Reviews
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest hotel to airport

If this helps, I'll be arriving at the hotel around 10 pm and travelling back to the airport around 7 am the next morning.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
181 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest hotel to airport

At 10 pm there is no traffic; if you leave the hotel around 6:15 am (to be at the airport at 7 am), you'll have a bit of traffic in the center of town, but then will be going against the flow of traffic, so it should be fine.

20 minutes to the Courtyard is accurate, but only late at night or at dawn, and driving pretty fast. But at the hours you're talking about, 30 minutes is about right, maybe a touch more for the early morning transfer back to the airport.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearest hotel to airport

Thank you, MAL67 and everybody else! All the best

8. Re: Nearest hotel to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, February 14, 2015