We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Hornslet, Denmark
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visa

Hey, when you make visas, take a photo with?

nyc
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Hey to you too... but that's no way to say hello to strangers if you want help.

If purchasing Visa on arrival, NO need for photos, agent has you and your passport in front of them.

Only if you plan to obtain Visa prior travel must you provide photos.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

My Danish friend often starts her communications with me with "Hej" which really means 'Hi' in English rather than "hey."

nyc
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

My dear Swedish friend likewise uses Hej, though speaks fluent English with no hint of accent and amonst my long friendships we will also use Hey, but my first reaction to the above was 'rude.'

Not near as off putting the Serbian that appeared out of nowhere on that other thread, moving from English?

Did anyone understand what that poster was trying to tell us? Or shouldn't I ask?

Enough for today............ outta here.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,859 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

4sandi. Google translate. He was very polite, explained English wasn't his first language, and suggested he and mfuwe converse in his mother tongue. Mfuwe's reply was also civilized, but in the wrong language, so it stopped theee.

Virginia
Level Contributor
160 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

I think people make mountains out of molehills. Where I am from "hey" is a happy, pleasant way to greet someone. I guess it depends on where you come from. I try to assume everyone is being pleasant and cordial to me until it's blatantly obvious they are not.

Hornslet, Denmark
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

Hello, sorry everyone, we say in Denmark just "hej "

7. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 25, 2014