We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Terminal

Which Dar es Salaam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Terminal

I will be arriving on an international flight from US to DAR and plan on booking a separate regional flight from DAR to Arusha. Does anyone know which terminals (international or domestic) Precision Air and ZanAir fly out of from DAR to Arusha?

Thank you!

nyc
Level Contributor
14,532 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Terminal

What time do you arrive DAR? If real late, there won't be a plane till next morning. If that's the case, and whether you decide to hang out at the airport or find a place to lay your head for a few hours... whether international or domestic terminal won't be an issue, you'll have sufficient time to get to whichever.

If it's a close connection, the terminals aren't all that far from one another.

The flight from DAR to ARK is technically a domesic flight, so guess that's from where your flight will depart.

US
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Terminal

Thank you for the prompt response! I will be arriving in DAR at about 3.00 am. The earliest flight I could find from DAR to ARK is at about 7.30 am on ZanAir. I read some posts about cabs being used to get from one terminal to the other. I am guessing cabs won't be an issue that early in the day?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Terminal

There are always taxis at the airport, especially when the planes come in.

US
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Terminal

Thank you Karl!

Lusaka, Zambia
Level Contributor
170 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Terminal

Precision leaves from the newer terminal (the one that international flights use), while ZanAir and a few others use the old terminal. The old terminal opens around 6 or 6:30 in the morning.

Note that most flights to Arusha land at Kilimanjaro (JRO) not at ARK itself.

US
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Terminal

This is good to know. Thank you, MAL67!

bath
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Terminal

I am trying to work out which flight to book from Dar es Salam airport to Zanzibar. I have booked a flight with Fastjet from Kilimanjaro to Dar es Salam arriving at 14.15. There is a flight with ZanAir at 16.45 to Zanzibar or a flight with Coastal Aviation at 15.30. They are both roughly the same price but I'm not sure how much time to leave transfering from the Kilmanjaro flight to Zanzibar flight and if all the domestic airlines operate from one terminal?

Can anyone help me with this. I did look at getting a ferry from Dar es Salam but the latest one goes at 16.00 and I thought that might be a bit too stressful getting from the airport to the ferry port, purchasing a ticket etc

Any help would be much appreciated

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Terminal

You will be better off taking the flight. In order to get to the ferry port it might take an hour or more, according to traffic which sometimes can be more like sitting in a parking lot with no one moving. And the last ferry does leave at 16:00. By the time you get a taxi to the ferry port, and the ferry ticket it will cost about the same whether you fly or take the ferry. I would get either of these flights, Coastal is probably a tad more reliable.

Alberta
Level Contributor
346 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Terminal

Wondering.....is there a reason why you booked Kilimanjaro to Dar? You could of booked Coastal from Kilimanjaro to StoneTown and avoid going thru Dar.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Terminal

Probably because of the inexpensive price on Fastjet. I think Precision Air also flies through Zanzibar on it's way to Dar from Kilimanjaro airport, at least they used to do that.