We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi at 3:00am

Which Dar es Salaam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
2 posts
Save Topic
Taxi at 3:00am

What's it like to take a taxi at 3:00am in Dar es Salaam? Is it safe? Our flight is just after 5:00am. Or does anyone know of a hotel with 24 hr airport transfers?

Stone Town, Tanzania
Level Contributor
244 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi at 3:00am

I have arrived to Dar at 3 am , and airport was live, taxi drivers were waiting for people in front arrivals hall. I felt safe, but have asked at my hotel to send me Taxi. Where are you staying, i was in Transit Motel Ukonga that is like 10 min from airport - cost was 10 usd.

Nina

http://www.travellingcorner.com/

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi at 3:00am

Any hotel will get you a taxi at 3am. There is hardly any traffic at that time of the morning, it's as safe as any time.

Some hotels have airport shuttles, ask whatever hotel you are staying at for this.

For the closest hotel that would be the Transit Motel and they have a shuttle to the airport, which is only a few blocks away.

Vancouver, British...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi at 3:00am

great! thank you very much for your help!

4. Re: Taxi at 3:00am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, June 19, 2013