We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

Which Dar es Salaam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

hi everybody

am hoping anyone out there can suggest some comfortable/luxury buses from nairobi to dar es salaam directly. please dont suggest scandanavian express cause they shut down. thanks everybody for your tips

Montpellier
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

thanks a lot for your precious informations

we are two and we will travel in Tanzania without a touring operator, that's why we are looking for the maximum informations. we will stay some days at Zanzibar before going to Mombasa and stay at Dar es salaam just one night ( to take the bus, the day after).

do you know if i have to buy the ticket bus a day before? the Ubongo terminal is it the buses terminal at dar es salaam?

thanks a lot

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

If you purchase the ticket the day before leaving then you are assured of a seat on the bus. The night before you might want to stay at the Rombo Green View hotel, which is very close to the Ubungo bus terminal, and have the taxi driver stop at the Ubunbo Bus terminal when he takes you to the hotel, then you will be for certain to know what time you will be traveling and when you need to be at the bus the next morning. The Rombo Green View hotel is about 5 minutes by taxi from the bus terminal. The kiosks in from of the bus terminal are where they sell the tickets. The next morning have the taxi driver take you all the way to your bus, this will ensure that you miss all the many touts waiting at the bus terminal.

2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

how much do l pay from Nairobi -dar-slum? plz.

2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

fare from Nairobi to dar- slum,ksh?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

It's about $40.

You will get better answers if you post this as a new queston rather then hijacking a post which is over a year old. Click on the Ask A Question at the top of this post to post a new question.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

hello sir can u plz tell me abut going nairobi to dar es salaam bus places and rates of it.. and how much take time to reach ther... i dnt want to take stop any place on the way if its possible

Thank you

Nairobi, Kenya
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

hello sir can u plz tell me abut going nairobi to dar es salaam bus places and rates of it.. and how much take time to reach ther... i dnt want to take stop any place on the way if its possible

Thank you

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

I don't know the exact fare but it will be around $40. It is a long ride from Nairobi to Dar, probably about 12 hours, make certain that you go very early in the morning.

Nairobi, Kenya
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

what is their fare price form nairobi to dar?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: buses from nairobi to dar es salaam

The exact fare is according to what bus you are taking. typically about $35 - $40