We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria fall with Tanzania

Which Dar es Salaam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria fall with Tanzania

Frineds, We are 2 couples from Mumbai India Men 60 years ladies 55/56 years.

We plan to go to Tanzania and also to see Vicoria fall. I have been advise that to visit Victoria fall in May would be good as there will be lots of water. What we plan to do is leave from Mumbai on Kenya airways by last week of May and take a connecting flight to Livingstone for Victoria fall. After staying there for about 3 days we would like to do Tanzania ( how ?) starting from Kilimanjaro national park. We do not want to do any tracking and hiking. So thought of one full day at the park ( 2 nights).

Then to lake Manyara. Thinking of staying overnight.

Then Serengeti 3 nights ( is it too much?)

Then Ngoro Ngoro 2 nights.

Then Arusha 1 night

after that fiy to India via Kilimanjaro airpot/Nairobi/Mumbai.

Can we be advised about how to go about and if any good travel agnecy could be recomended for Safaris etc?

Jay Shah

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria fall with Tanzania

Jay Shah... your safari plans are good. What you need to do is to contact some Tanzanian safari operators. There are many suggested on this forum and if you do a search you will find them. Some who get mentioned many times on this forum are Base Camp Tanzania (www.basecamptanzania.com) Park East Africa (www.parkeastafrica.com) Roys, Bobby's, Swala, and many many more. You might also go to the member page of the TATO organization, www.tatotz.com and there you will find many operators. I would suggest that you contact 4 or 5 safari operators giving them all your basic requirements (kind of accommodations, what parks you want to visit, how long you have, how many people in your party, etc.) and then they will send you back a quote which will get you started on selecting one of them. Ask them for some references from people in India who have used their company in the past and contact these people. You will soon begin to find one of the companies you will be comfortable with. Many of the safari companies are owned and operated by people who have immigrated from Asia/India.

This will get you started on choosing a company that is fit for your visit.

Hope this helps.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,419 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria fall with Tanzania

If flying Kenya Airways, see what they can do to get you from Livingston to Tanzania. It'll probably be via Nairobi. Always best to stick with the same air carrier as if any delays/problems with connections the carrier should be responsible. Versus if different carriers, who will handle.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,703 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria fall with Tanzania

The Victoria Falls should be great at end of May with the Zambezi in full flood. Also I thought it was far better from the Zambian side. For the safari if you want to see Kiliminjaro but not climb why not consider one of the camps in West Kiliminjaro, or stay 2 days in Moshi town itself and do some a day trip up the Mountain through the villages.

I see you have left out Tarangire I wouldn't. Try and fit it in. It is worth a visit any time of the year and is great for elephants. Probably the best park for them along with Ruaha.

I would then head off to Manyara 1 night and Ngorongoro 2 nights

and the Serengeti 3 nights it is not too long. Try and stay central, around Seronera. I wouldn't stay at Arusha but try to fly from the Serengeti straight to Nairobi. Ask an operator to suggest lodges and perhaps they will change the itinerary around. ie Serengeti first. Would really consider flying one leg. ie Arusha to Serengeti or vice versa. A good search here will give you plenty of operators.

Edited: 5:07 pm, March 08, 2010
4. Re: Victoria fall with Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 05, 2010