We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Al-Uruba Hotel (& other hostel recommendations)

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Al-Uruba Hotel (& other hostel recommendations)

Hi,

I'm staying in Dar for a night in a couple of weeks before heading to Zanzibar.. I need somewhere not too far from both the Scandinavian Bus terminal and the Ferry Port... is this the Kivukoni or Mchafukoge terminal?

Rough Guide recommends Al-Uruba in Kariakoo, has anyone stayed there that can give me an idea of what it's like or of any other good budget options?

Also, how much should I put aside for the ferry to Zanzibar? Can you buy return tickets (I'm staying for a week)?

Cheers,

Tom

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Al-Uruba Hotel (& other hostel recommendations)

Hi Tom,I've done a review on the Econo Lodge on this sight including photos to give you an idea of good budget accommodation in Dar. It's not far in walking distance really from the Ferry Port ....but I wasn't carrying any luggage & there are heaps of taxis at the front door.

Enjoy,Susan

2. Re: Al-Uruba Hotel (& other hostel recommendations)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 12, 2009