We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rothschild Safari

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
9 helpful votes
Rothschild Safari

I, too, am looking for feedback from anyone who has used Rothschild Safari. Please let me know if you have used them.

tennessee
Level Contributor
276 posts
41 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Rothschild Safari

I used Rothchild in 2012 and was very happy with their service. Everthing went as described and it was a great safari. It was pretty costly though so there might be more budget friendly options. However, if you do choose them, I think you will be very pleased.

Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
57 helpful votes
2. Re: Rothschild Safari

I too am curious about Rothschild. They were just named worlds best by travel leisure so that sounds good. And I liked on their website where they mentioned they do not own any resorts or camps so they will not push their properties on you.

Has anyone else used them? How was your experience with them?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
212 reviews
131 helpful votes
3. Re: Rothschild Safari

Just so you know, Travel and Leisure names companies that pay for the listing. So, being named by them does not guarantee anything. I would venture to say that if they are named by T&L as the world's best and they have a fancy website and beautiful colorful brochures, then you are paying for all that advertising. Likely they will subcontract to a local company there in TZ.

Why not cut out the middle man and save 50+%. You will get the same level of service, same animals, same country, same food and same lodges, all for quite a bit less. That is what many do on this forum.

Just my advice.

Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
57 helpful votes
4. Re: Rothschild Safari

I would love to do that but unfortunately I have no idea how or who to use. :(

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,402 posts
158 reviews
169 helpful votes
5. Re: Rothschild Safari

On the right of this screen are Frequently Asked Questions. read the first few that will take you to past posts with useful information. The 1st and 4th are usually the most relevant.

Some prefer the security of a company that they know or have read about and that uses credit cards without charging the client the merchant's fee. But you will never get a price to match that of a Tanzania based operator - for the same level of luxury or safari.

Also, to be honest, working with a Tanz Tour Operator to build your own safari may well take more work - the reason is that each and every aspect of your itinerary is open for you to direct. You will not have to take just what a company recommends.

If you would rather just put a lot of money in someone's hands to send you on safari, that is certainly your option. Some feel that time is money and would rather leave their trip of a lifetime to someone else to create; and that is okay. You might just find that many TripAdvisor folks would like to have a say on that adventure. We are pretty good about helping the new folks with their itineraries, so do consider a more personalized and less costly trip. We will help as much as we can.

Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
57 helpful votes
6. Re: Rothschild Safari

Thanks for your help so far. All of my past trips I have put together on my own through places and people I found here on trip advisor. But when it comes to Africa I don't know what I am doing. Right now I am on my phone app so I don't have anything on my screen over to the right. I will use my computer when I get home to check it out. How do I know who is reputable and trustworthy?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,402 posts
158 reviews
169 helpful votes
7. Re: Rothschild Safari

reputable and trustworthy suggestions are bullet 4.....and if not on that list, use the search field in the Tanzania forum to see what folks have to say. It is true, there are definitely some you want to stay clear from, so check before signing on any dotted line.

Level Contributor
65 posts
50 reviews
57 helpful votes
8. Re: Rothschild Safari

Thanks that's great information! If I decide to still go with Rothschild, do you know anything about them, or have you seen anything good/bad on here?

Thank you for being so helpful :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,402 posts
158 reviews
169 helpful votes
9. Re: Rothschild Safari

Nope, don't know anything about them other than to know I couldn't afford them....but that's just me. I pay less to travel more.

You could ask on the Fodor's website. they are a different crowd again. Search this forum again for them however. I don't recall having seen references to them. And often few that use companies like this come back to do a review or keep up of travel forums, so not saying whether good or bad.

Good luck with you plans and have a wonderful time.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
9 helpful votes
10. Re: Rothschild Safari

Thank you.