We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in 5 days

Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
107 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving in 5 days

After months of planning and anticipation, the husband and I leave on Saturday !! Just wanted to thank everyone here who are so gracious with their time answering so many questions (many over and over again :) Thanks also to those who post their trip reports and photos, they are endlessly enjoyable. I promise to do the same in a few weeks. This forum is different from others I’ve used before. It really is a great little community.

I started a blog about the experience, not much on it now, but please let me know what you think…. I’ll post lots more once we are back.

https:/…africasafari

nb canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Leaving in 5 days

Bluebird, just read your blog, I think we have the same Mother!! My Mother is the only person I know that can't wait for this trip to be OVER! Perhaps we should give them each others phone numbers so they can worry together!

Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
107 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Leaving in 5 days

Thanks everyone for the kind words and good wishes.

Salix44 - Happy travels! I look forward to hearing about your trip when we get back.

NBlobsterman - Mothers are funny aren’t they, mine worries when I go to Florida, so I should have expected it! I checked out your blog, loved all the architecture pictures and the caves too.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Leaving in 5 days

Safe travels to Bluebird and NBLobsterman! I have looked at both your blogs and enjoyed them. Thanks for providing the links. I had really hoped to start one, but it somehow has not materialized.

Bluebird after reading your blog I realized that you are going the opposite direction then us, so definitely no chance of running into you. NB we have a 24 hour layover in Amsterdam, so we don't land in Arusha until the night of the 29th, official start the 30th, will miss you as well!

Happy packing!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Leaving in 5 days

Hope all you happy travellers have a great time ! I'm sure you will, reading the trip reports ( no matter how fantastic ) are nothing like being there !

Take time to put down the camera and take it all in.

We have got the bug and can't wait to return !!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,486 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Leaving in 5 days

Lovely Blog bluebird. Had to smile at one or two of the comments. Mums eh? You have to love em as they cannot be traded in. I used to tell mine "Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday and nothing has happened!"

Having read all the posts it looks like the Forum is going to be a bit quiet for a while. Quite few of you out there at the same time. You should try a meet.

Safari njema to Bluebird, Lobsterman and Salix and anyone else who has not reported in yet!

Come back safe, blogs up to date and some photographs for those you left behind.

nb canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Leaving in 5 days

Salix, we are also going in the opposite direction of Bluebird. Here is our itinerary, we seem to be spending longer in places than most reports we read, but no looking back now!

Let us know if we are crossing anywhere, we can compare opposite coasts of Canada and worried Mother stories!

27 Oct 13: NAIROBI >> ARUSHA – O/N Twiga Lodge

28 Oct 13: ARUSHA NATIONAL PARK– O/N Twiga Lodge

29-30-31 Oct 13: Tarangire Safari Lodge

01 Nov 13: O/N Ol Mesera Safari Camp

02 Nov 13: O/N Kisima Ngeda Tented Camp

03 Nov 13: O/N Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge

04-05-06 Nov 13: O/N Serengeti Katikati Camp

07-08 Nov 13: O/N Mbuzi Mawe Tented Camp

09 Nov 13: Fly SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK >> ARUSHA O/N Planet Lodge

10 Nov 13: ARUSHA >> NAIROBI Shuttle

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Leaving in 5 days

Bluebird:

I just read your pre-trip blog and burst out laughing at your answer to "How much does something like that cost?' You are going to have a terrific time, with that sense of humor, girl. It's the one indispensable item to bring on safari.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Leaving in 5 days

I am now looking forward to THREE trip reports in a few short weeks. You all have me so EXCITED!

Have great trips, take superb photos, and watch out for elephants in bad moods. (Males in musth would qualify).

Townsville...
Level Contributor
162 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Leaving in 5 days

Bluebird,

Your blog is great, make me so jealous. We traveled also with Eastco and had a fantastic trip. I am sure you will to.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,403 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Leaving in 5 days

Bluebird

Have a great trip and Good luck.