We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on Happy World Safaris

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Feedback on Happy World Safaris

I am researching going on safari with Happy World Safaris in tanzania. I was hoping to get some feedback as the the quality of the service and the guides. Any information on them would be helpful.

Thanks

52 replies to this topic
Colombia
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
21. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

Hello Everyone!

I did my safari in Tanzania with Happy World. 5 days (Tarangire/Serengueti/Ngorongoro). There are many options out there and since it's pretty expensive we didn't want to take risks so I decided to book with Happy World because a couple friends have had an amazing trip with them.

I was not disapointed, Excelent service, very professional driver and guide. They could spot a Lion where I could only see grass, so you know they're doing the best job to guarantee that you can see all the animals.

All food was included so at the end you pay extras only if drinking beers or buying souvenirs. They also have the patience; if you want to stay 2 hours with the same animal that's ok if you want to hurry that's ok too.

Happy World booked Ngorongoro Farm House, which is very beautiful hotel; Savannah Seonera in Serengeti which is a tented hotel (real beds, nice food and in the middle of the Serengeti so you can hear animals around you at night which is an amazing experience) and Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge which is a beautiful hotel at the crater rim so there are stunning views; nice rooms and overall good food.

The car is very big so you are comfortable seated or you can stand and have a nice view from the roof. The car has also a fridge and water and sodas are complimentary, we also bought some beers also to keep them cold during the trip since beers at hotels might be expensive.

The car has 2 binoculars with good reach (10x50) so if yours aren't better maybe you should leave them at home. We asked for bean bags for photo stabilization and they provided 3, which were more than enough (I advise to read about how to use a bean bag for a safari, I saw so many people with good cameras and good lenses trying to take photos using their hands for stabilization and that's a bad idea with tele lens). The car also has books for animal references so you can read about what you're seeing but our guide was an expert with invaluable info.

We had a couple of problems: one attributable to the excesive bureaucracy of the parks authority which meant waiting almost 3 hours to get out of Serengeti (I understand that's not uncommon) so we reached our hotel in Ngorongoro at night missing the beatuful sunset. The other was a problem with the car which meant leaving to Ngorongoro crater 1 hour later than the scheduled time and since that visit begins so early we could have had more sleep or a more relaxed warm breakfast at the hotel.

Joseph meet us the day before and the day we arrived from the safari, he really wants you to have best experience and apologized for these problems. But for the general experience I recommend Happy World without a doubt.

Santiago, Chile
6 posts
22. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

After being married, we promised each other we would go to Africa for our anniversary. Happy World Safaris/Joseph the owner whom was our contact personnel was so flexible, professional, courteous and knowledgeable. We made our mind to use them from several tour operators contacted. Thanks the TA for your advice especially on where to stay which was a perfect selection too

We had an awesome adventure!

Our guide Tony was an outstanding and very knowledgeable about everything we asked Him. Never forget Tony has binocular eyes even when we try to use the real binocular it could take us a bit time to spot the animal. All the attendants at the camp/lodges were extremely attentive and friendly. We felt SOOO pampered! I've never had such a luxurious adventure. We were very comfortable during the whole safari, and have told everyone that would listen of how outstanding Happy World was during this trip.

It was everything I dreamed it would be and more. We will definitely be in contact again to book another trip.

This was a life changing experience

Oulu, Finland
2 posts
23. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

Me and my friend, two older ladies, decided to fulfill our lifetime dreams and take a safari in Tanzania. After thorough studies we chose Happy World safaris and we didn,t regret: We had 4 days safari in Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro. Those parks were a good combination: different enough and not too far from each other. We saw really many species of birds, animals and plants. Our safari was semi-luxorious one, so we had the whole safari car for us and a fairly good accomodation. We had a lot of space to move in the car depending on which direction there was something to see and we could look as long as we wanted f.ex. a heard of lions, so the whole car for two of us was a good decision. Our driver quide, Tony, was a professional who noticed animals fron far distance and could tell also latin names of the species! The first night we spent in Ngorongoro Farm House and it was very wellcoming, warm place..The second night we spent in Kati Kati tented lodge, Serengeti. A night listening voices of wilderness was once-in-a-lifetime experience and quide exciting. The third we spent in Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge. The Lodge is situated on Crater Rim, so there in a magnificent wiew to the crater and the hotel is also very nice. But in a Place like that staff should be friendlier. Because we had our safari during the New Year and it`s one of the high season´s it wasn´t cheap, but it was worth it!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
160 reviews
24. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

Did you do one day at each place? I've seen several suggestions for 3+ days at serengeti. THank you for advice. I only have 3 months to plan a trip.

Oulu, Finland
2 posts
25. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

Yes, we stayed only one day in each park. Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro it was OK, I think, but for Serengeti one day was too short time. It's really big park and driving to the central parts of it takes several hours. When we came back we discussed with my friend that Serengeti requires at least two days, then you have one whole day for gamedriving. I think that would be enough for me, because after our four Day safari I was satisfied from my need to see animals - You really see so much on that time! But if You are very enthusiastic, You can surely spend more days on Serengeti, there is a lot to see because the park is vast. If You have some more questions I can answer those, otherwise i hope You can find a suitable safari for yourselves and I can sure you that going to safari is worth it! Have a nice trip!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
26. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

Just got back from an extremely memorable trip to Tanzania and have nothing but great things to say about Happy World Safaris.

We booked a 3 day Mt. Meru trek as well as a 3 day camping safari to Tarangire, Lake Manyara, and Ngorongoro Crater.

Everything was extremely well organized and we had some of the best times of our lives. Our guides (Frank for the trek, Tony for the safari) as well as the cooks and porters were all extremely friendly and caring, and made for a fantastic experience. They really knew what they were doing. With Tony, we were able to see 4 of the Big 5 (we missed out on the elusive leopard), and with Frank we were able to summit Mt. Meru in time to see the sun rise over Kilimanjaro above the clouds. Truly a great experience.

Joseph, the owner and organizer, was in contact every step of the way, from picking us up at the airport, to even calling us while we were on our trek to make sure everything was going well. He was always very clear about what was to be expected, and really put a personal touch on the trip, which I hear many other safari companies do not do. Really great attention to detail and personal service.

I cannot recommend Happy World enough; they really provide a memorable experience and a marvelous service. If and when I come back to Tanzania, I will 100% definitely be contacting Joseph again, and I will recommend him always to anyone who asks me about tours in Tanzania.

Derek

Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
27. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

I know this thread has been going for a while but i wanted to add to it as we used it when deciding who to book with. We have just returned from a two week safari with Happy World Safari's and it totally exceeded our expectations. As you'd expect when booking a holiday with an operator in a different country without a travel agent you are very cautious. My wife and I did a lot of research and read a lot of reviews to narrow it down. We then contacted a few and after a while settled with Happy World Safaris.

Joseph's (owner) expertise and friendliness from the very first email was exceptional. He was so very accommodating to our needs and every (several) question. He even organised a visit to a local school for us in order to provide stationary, school uniforms and other supplies to some very underprivileged children. I highly recommend this if you can.

We were fortunate enough to have Joseph and Tony (Driver) on our tour and both were very experienced and passionate about the animals and provided a lot of interesting information about them. Additionally they also gave us a lot of information on the country, its history, natural landscapes etc.

I cannot say enough about our trip and highly recommend that you use Happy World Safari's for your Tanzanian trip.

Joseph and Tony are absolute legends.

We will be back again soon

Peter & Jess

1 post
2 reviews
28. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

We just returned from a six-day safari in Eastern Tanzania, which included Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, and the Serengeti. It was a great experience all around: we saw most of the animals we had hoped for (including all of the Big 5); the accommodations (mid-range) all exceeded our expectations, and everything was handled professionally. Our guide Tony deserves a lot of credit for leading a great safari.

-Glen

29. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:06 am, August 22, 2017

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
753 posts
22 reviews
30. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

So many phony reviews for this company I think. I never believe any of these one post wonder reviews until I have sent a PM to the author and heard back from them directly to verify they are real travellers. If I don't get a response about the TO then I remove that company from my list of possible safari operators that I will inquire of for my safari next year. Doing my due diligence.

Reply to: Feedback on Happy World Safaris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted