We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on Happy World Safaris

New York City
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback on Happy World Safaris

I am researching going on safari with Happy World Safaris in tanzania. I was hoping to get some feedback as the the quality of the service and the guides. Any information on them would be helpful.

Thanks

27 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

dkpot, I booked and traveled with Happy World Safaris for my honeymoon on August 2013, I received great services from the team and we had a lifetime trip in Tanzania. In term of service from inquiry, Joseph was my contact person helping with well & detailed info, prompt response and proper communication even after deposit was made. We were warmly welcomed and greeted on arrival and after we entered on an excellent Stretched Land Cruiser for transfer to Arusha for Overnight. We used the same Land Cruiser for 8 Days Safari to Tarangire>>Lake Manyara>>Ngorongoro>>Serengeti before flying to Zanzibar. Baraka was our driver guide, well experienced with the bush, professional and knowledgeable on the eco-system.

Everything was very top notch and exceeded all my expectations,I recommend Happy World Safaris to any traveler with no hesitation

Ken

2. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:29 am, August 28, 2014

3. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:30 am, August 28, 2014

4. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, June 14, 2014

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

I thought I might give a bit of feedback on Happy world Safaris for any prospective future traveller.

Based on a recommendation from a TripAdvisor member, we decided to get a quote from Happy World Safaris for our short 4 day safari trip in September 2014. After going through the different quotes we decided to go with them for two days in Tarangire, one day in Manyara and one day in Ngorongoro.

We were really happy with the service they provided. Joseph, the owner, was very helpful throughout the whole planning and booking process, replying quickly to any questions that we sent him through e-mail (I think we probably sent him something like 50 e-mail messages).

Making the payment was a bit problematic thanks to our bank who took three weeks to tell us that they required additional information to carry out the transfer. However, throughout all this problem Joseph was very helpful and patient.

Now, the safari was absolutely fantastic and we were really pleased with all the arrangements that go all the way from picking you up from the airport, helping you with any shopping you may want to do in Arusha before heading off, the safari and then dropping you off at the airport again at the end of your trip.

The lodges were great (Tarangire Safari Lodge, Kirurumu Manyara lodge and Ngorongoro Farm House) with great accommodation and food. The packed lunches were also quite nice.

We had a Toyota Land Cruiser for just the two of us so we had plenty of room to move around and get the best view of the animals.

Here we have to give a special mention to our driver, Noel. Not only was he a very nice, helpful and kind guy but he was also very knowledgeable. Most impressive was that he had some kind of superhuman vision that still baffles me to this day. He would sometimes stop, squint for a few second and then say "there's XYZ animal over there" and then it would take us some time with binoculars and everything just to find it.

So, overall we highly recommend them for any safaris you may be planning. Great value and great service.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
89 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

I went with a 3-day safari with Happy World Safaris in January 2015. I was very happy with the service. The communication with Joseph (the owner) was impeccable. The guide and cook were warm, friendly, and professional. And the price was competitive compared to similar itineraries from other tour operators. I highly recommend them. I'm happy to discuss further via private message.

Frankfurt, Germany
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

I booked a 10-day safari with Happy World Safari in January 2015 for two persons and just to summarize: it was absolutely fantastic.

My wish was to have a combination of game drive and cultural program, we wanted to arrive by bus In Arusha coming from Mwanza and the last day should end in Moshi. I contacted about 10 different tour operators for this. Joseph, the owner of HWS, not only offered a very competive price but convinced me from the very beginning with prompt responses and detailed information. And I really had a lot of questions and change requests. The communication with Joseph was perfect from the very beginning till the end. He even helped me organizing our subsequent travel when we faced some problems.

We finally arrived by bus with a delay of 2 hours and Joseph and Tony, our future driver-guide, welcomed us in the chaotic Arusha bus station and brought us to the hotel.

Our itinarary was Mulala Village (Mount Meru) - Tarangie NP - Lake Manyara - Lake Eyasi (with visits of Hadzabe and Datoga) - Ndutu Area - Serengeti - Ngorongoro (with visit of Massai) and Tony proved to be an an excellent and knowledgeable guide. The game drives were outstanding and the cultural visits absolutely impressive, above all the Hadzabe. The safari we made with a Toyota landcruiser which offered charging possibilities for our electronic devices and there was free water all the day.

So, overall, I can highly recommend Happy World Safaris for any any safari in Northern Tanzania.

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

Hi, (and sorry for my English, I am French)

We just went back (February 2015) from a safari with Happy World (Seregenit and N'Gorongoro, 4 days - short vacations....). I discovered this company on internet, so I was a little bit cautious, but everythig was just perfect. We did precisely the tour I asked and that we settled for, which was not exactly the standard one. I really can't say anything bad about the driver, the car, the tented-camp and so on...

So, I owuld greatly recommend this company - our driver, Toni, was very nice, and the manager, Joseph, is excellent as well.

As for the animals and the safari tiself, it was a dream come true.

Best regards.

Stéphane

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

Well organised, decent price, and replies quickly to emails. We had an excellent driver (eagle-eyed) and cook when we went for our 5 day Safari at the beginning of March 2015. Couldn't recommend it more.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Feedback on Happy World Safaris

Hi there,

Myself and two other friends went on safari with Happy World this Feb/March. We had an absolutely brilliant time. We did the 5 day itinerary (Lake Manyara/Tarangire/Ngorongoro crater/Serengeti) which I would highly recommend. Happy World were great all the way, I can't fault their service, employees, or ethos. At the end, the young chairman of the company (Joseph Mkoni) even met us for a feedback session, they really do seem to care about quality of service etc. We had a great driver (Tony), with a very keen eye for game as was mentioned above, and a chef (Willy) who cooked us (lots) of tasty food every day/night. Overall, I would have no hesitation in recommending them. Hope that helps!

Edited: 1:58 pm, April 22, 2015
Reply to: Feedback on Happy World Safaris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted