We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conservtion Safaris payment?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Conservtion Safaris payment?

Hi,

I am booking a safari and holiday to Tanzania with "Conservation Safaris." Trouble is my bank (NatWest) are unable, for some reason to do an international transfer into their account for payment. Has anybody else encountered this problem, from a UK bank account, particularly NatWest?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conservtion Safaris payment?

I would make a guess that the problem is not with NatWest, the problem is with the account information. You should probably make certain that the account information is absolutely correct and no intermediary banks are required. I have had transposition of numbers on an account more than once.

If the bank cannot make the transfer then assume that the problem is with the safari operator, not the bank.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,227 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conservtion Safaris payment?

As KG. the problem is more likely that your TO has supplied the wrong or insufficient info.

You need the payees name, The address of their Bank and the IBAN code. Many suppliers are still with BIC and Swift which European Banks ditched a few years back.

Bristol
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conservtion Safaris payment?

We have had no problems with NatWest making payments to various companies/lodges in Tanzania. As others say its more likely to be a problem the other end.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,646 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Conservtion Safaris payment?

Name of Bank

Address

Branch Address if required (even in TNZ, there are bank branches)

Outfitters Bank a/c number

Swift Code

Outfitter's Name

Address

As regards Intermediary Bank fees, I've found that but for the Major International Banks, as Barclays, Citi, Chase (and assume others in the UK or other countries).... there is often a small fee as one bank has to transfer funds thru an intermediary bank... so ask if any is associated with NatWest to whichever bank the outfitter uses, who might assess this. If so, this amount is at the senders (yours) expense, so include the small extra in your payment.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Conservtion Safaris payment?

Thank you all for the replies. Instructions for payment were received directly from the company's accountant, and all required information as you have listed was given clearly on the invoice, with a sheet of instructions for making a direct transfer. NatWest have tried at least half a dozen times now, but the SWIFT CODE keeps coming up as "Invalid". I have checked and double checked with the Conservation Safaris, and the accountant,and even the bank I am trying to make the transfer to and, and I do have the correct codes/info.

The bill is in Australian dollars, my money is in UK, in British pounds, and the bank account in in BVI. There was an option for payment, instead of direct from my account to go via an Intermediary bank, in this case Barclays. Could this be the issue, that NatWest will not make payments directly into BVI accounts? Although that still does answer why the Swiftcode still comes up as "invalid" I am trying not to double up on bank fees/transfer fees/charges, to access my own money to pay my bill!! Incidentally, my friend has just successfully transfered to the very same account in BVI, but from Australia ANZ bank, so I know the info given is correct, and works. Any more thoughts? Thanks

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,227 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Conservtion Safaris payment?

Ask the Accountant for the IBAN code.

7. Re: Conservtion Safaris payment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 17, 2014