We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

dublin
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

I booked my Tanzania trip through Everlasting Tanzania Travels and I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to explore Tanzania.

Robert Chekwaze and his team looked after us so well and really put a personal touch to the trip that another tour company would not take the time to do.

I emailed Robert robfrank05@yahoo.com following a recommendation and from start to finish I found the service excellent. The company is very friendly, professional and looking out for you to ensure you have a happy, safe and carefree trip.

At the start of our 3 week trip Everlasting Tanzania Travels helped with arrangements for a successful submit of African's highest mountain - Kilimanjaro! Robert and his team helped with last minute things for the climb such as extra sleeping bags and sleeping mats. Nothing was too much to ask. We did the Kilimanjaro (Lemosho route) and would highly recommend this route as it took 8 days with very little altitude sickness and reaching the top was an incredible feeling. The porters and guides employed by Everlasting Tanzania Travels looked after us so well (we had our own individual porter) and each porter and guide had such good things to say about the company and loved working for this company.

Robert organised our onward adventure after the climb and had all our internal flights and accommodation booked for us before we arrived in Tanzania which left us to enjoy the trip without having to worry. The trust he put in us was amazing as he booked flights and accommodation in advance without even meeting us. A few emails over and back and all was arranged!

Worth noting that ATM's and credit card facilities are limited in Tanzania so we had to pay Robert in cash on arrival.

As I mentioned above Everlasting Tanzania Travels really provide the personal touch - taking us out to dinner and bringing us to the local shops/ ATM - nothing was any bother for them and they really wanted to make sure we enjoyed our trip. We had good laughs along the way with Robert and his team. They showed us some Arusha night life also which was good fun :-) We learned so much from all the guide and porters and the many questions we asked about Tanzania's exciting culture were answered so well. The guides and porters are very knowledgeable.

This company also helps out local rural communities helping vulnerable children and young women.

The trip we did in Tanzania was 8 days Kilimanjaro, 4 day Safari in the Serengeti including a hot air balloon ride in the Serengeti, Massi village cultural tourism, 5 days beach holiday in Zanzibar, all of which was arranged through Everlasting Tanzania Travels.

The accommodation highlights were Kati Kati tented lodge in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Farm House on the way back to Arusha from the Serengeti

Everlasting Tanzania Travels website is www.everlastingtz.com

26 replies to this topic
1. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:56 pm, September 16, 2016

London, England...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

We recently had a 2 day safari organised by Robert in Tarangire and Ngorongoro. He organised everything down to the last detail for us which made for a very relaxing but full on 2 days!

Our driver was extremely knowledgable and willing to adjust to our various needs. I would not hesitate to use Rob and Everlasting again, and hope I get the opportunity to when I come to climb Kilimanjaro!

Just look at some of the photos on their facebook page to see what they can do for you! (I think they may have used one or two of mine, shameless plug!) https:/…EverlastingTanzaniaTravels

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

I highly recommend Rob and Everlasting Tanzania Travels. I met Rob on my last trip to Tanzania in 2010 so I contacted him when I knew I was coming back to TZ again. Not only was he very helpful, friendly and knowledgable; the entire safari way out performed my expectations. Our guide was great, our cook was fantastic (especially considering I'm a vegan), our camping accommodations were great, the animals we saw were unbelievable and we got lucky on seeing so many rare things. One of the reasons why I also love this company is because it's Tanzanian owned and operated, which you don't often find unfortunately. Another reason I love this company after being on safari with them is that they are true to their mission: Our aim is to provide a unique and authentic African experience while still adhering completely to the natural world, the economy, our cultural integrity, your safety and above all a quality service. They absolutely delivered on the unique and authentic safari. Because most companies don't go to the Northern Serengetti, we were able to see sites that most people don't get to view on their safaris and you get to have one on one time with the animals- without 20 other vehicles hovering around. In a world where things are mass produced, it is refreshing to have a unique experience, especially with a once in a lifetime opportunity like a safari.

I couldn't say enough good things about my experience and I will definitely be recommending anyone I know to go talk to Rob at Everlasting TZ Travels!

Antalya, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

My partner and I reached the summit in July 2013. It was a phenomenal trip of a lifetime. We were fortunate enough to find amongst circus of companies Everlasting Tanzania Travels. They made the trip an unforgettable one- taking care of every detail, making it smooth and safe at all times- plus entertaining us with the best porters singing and dancing. They were probably the most professional team on the mountain. I stress that they were a team, a happy team, and this resulted in a great atmosphere for us climbers. Whilst we were planning to do a super budget trip with private guides + porters, we realised on summit day how many would drag their clients up as zombies to make their clients 'dreams come true'... no matter what the cost. This is not an exaggeration. The amount of ill people we saw was ridiculous. We did 8 days lemosho (beautiful & great for acclimatisation), and would not recommend doing anything less than 7days. Kili is expensive- so it's best to invest a little more to ensure it was not just a waste of effort, time and money by adding on those extra days and going with a reputable company like Everlasting. Email Rob for details: Rob robfrank05@yahoo.com .Enjoy! It's a privilege to be up there.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

Thanks for your great recommendation! We are climbing with Rob in December 2013 and are very, very excited!!!

Once again thanks for the recommendation!!

DAEL COUTURIER

Arusha
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

I just got back from a 2-day safari with Rob to Ngorongoro and Tarangire. It was an absolutely amazing experience, and that's coming from an often bitter nay-sayer.

As a guide, Rob was first class in answering all of our questions, ranging from Tanzanian issues, history, stories, to environmental and conservational issues, to the lives of animals and evolutionary biology. That's what I loved most. I felt that I more than learned - I was inspired to see the world differently, with new eyes. A kind of conversion, a soul-shudder. In two days, Rob managed to shift the world around me just a little bit - enough to feel that I am surrounded by miracles. Seeing animals and landscapes was complemented by a rich understanding of everything we saw. I was never made to feel like an idiot, and I was never bored, either.

In terms of concrete organization, everything was planned well and constantly adjusted and re-adjusted to suit the needs and the tenor of the group. The driver was patient, flexible, non-accident prone, and a comrade. The chef was excellent and the meals delightful in their deliciousness and diversity. Our group was quite fun, and that was also a huge bonus. The trip felt in every sense, like an adventure, an escape, an epiphany, a vacation, a curious-cat outing, a wanderlust for wonder, and a sharp reminder that if we do not love the physical world around us enough to change our own response to it - on both a spiritual and nitty-gritty-detail level - then we will soon be losing the most precious thing we have. Our home. And not just our home. As a guide and the director of Everlasting Tanzania Travels, Rob loves the world he showed us that much and more - his love, wonder, and passion ignite in all who travel with this company.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

My girlfriend, Cicely, and I have recently returned from a wonderful safari with Everlasting Tanzania. In 2010, I climbed Kilimanjaro with ET, led by the inspiring guide Rob Chekwaze. It was a powerful and profound experience, the majesty and beauty of the mountain punctuated by Rob's encyclopaedic knowledge of the mountain and, most importantly, I felt in safe hands throughout as 15 of our (unfit and physically unprepared) 17 person group were miraculously guided to the summit. The experience was followed by a 2-day visit to a Masai village also organised by ET, an authentic and culturally sensitive experience (unlike those organised by most other tour operators (including many of those that claim to promote sustainable tourism!)).

Therefore, in truth, I already knew I was in safe hands before embarking on the safari with ET - which is not something I would say about all about experiences during my travels in East Africa! We went to Tarangire and Ngorogoro crater and in 2 days we saw a week's worth of animals: multiple sightings of lions, cheetahs, rhinos etc. but, more excitingly, the animal kingdom going about its business - hyenas, jackals and vultures squabbling over the remnants of a buffalo carcass, a failed cheetah hunt, a successful secretarybird hunt. Again we were led by Rob Chekwaze whose infectious energy and passion for nature and the environment made the experience all the more memorable. And he was the match for all the obscure questions we threw at him.

It won't surprise you to hear that I would endorse ET wholeheartedly and, as a cynical Brit, that is not something I say very often! Everlasting Tanzania offer the perfect package - the chance to offer the magical environment that Tanzania offers through a tour company that genuinely respects, promotes and preserves the local environment. This is something that many tour companies claim to offer but very few actually deliver.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

I would (and have) recommended Everlasting to every single person that has asked me about my Tanzania and Kilimanjaro experience.

Background: we were 5 young professionals traveling from Canada. We wanted to plan a 15 day trip including a 3-day safari, 7-day climb, and some post-climb relaxation and exploring in Arusha. We were put in touch with Rob from Everlasting from a friend who had gone with Everlasting and loved them.

Planning: Rob was extremely helpful in the planning stages, very responsive to our emails, and held several conference calls with our group to understand what we wanted. He planned our entire safari and climb (including transport and accommodations), provided packing lists and suggested workouts to prepare for the climb. He also laid out the costs we could expect (including tips, extra meals, etc.), and these costs DID NOT change when we got on the ground. In fact, he upgraded our accommodations at one point because they made more sense logistically, at no extra cost to us.

The Trip: our experience was absolutely incredible. Everlasting is the safest outfit on the mountain, testing our blood-oxygen levels daily, ensuring we always drank more than enough water, and practically force-feeding us to make sure we kept our energy levels up. They also have the most upbeat and fun team.....starting every morning with a song and dance routine that drew the envy of every other group at each campsite. During the Safari, Rob's passion and knowledge for Africa's wildlife comes through...and makes it a truly fun and enjoyable experience.

Post-trip: We had not paid Everlasting for anything other than the mountain and safari, but their unbelievable service continued after. Rob organized (through his trusted friends) and joined us for a visit to a local school and orphanage, a local organic coffee tour, and meals at his favourite local restaurants. He even set up an opportunity for one of our group (who was in medical school) to volunteer at a local hospital for a few days. Since we've been back (for 2 years now), Rob has kept in touch, shared his latest safari photos, and checked in from time to time. He is a genuinely great person and will make your stay unforgettable.

If you go to Tanzania and choose to not go with Everlasting, you are making a huge mistake.

Montreal, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

I can't stress enough how much I would recommand Everlasting Tours and Robert Chekwaze. My wife and I use their services for our honeymoon in fall 2013 and the service was amazing from the beginning to the end. Everyone working with Rob is very professional and knowledgable, but Rob acted as a true friend eventhough we had just met. He really help us and surpassed at all points what we were expecting from a tour operator. He is also very involved in the community which we really like. Having met with Rob, feels good to know that Tanzania's futur is in good hands with people like him. Thanks again!

also, the food was amazing even at 5000m!

Maxime Poulin & Daisy Bode

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels

I would highly recommend the team at Everlasting Tanzania Travels if you're considering climbing Kilimanjaro. They organised our trip superbly well from start to finish including anything extra we asked them to do. I hadn't realised the impact the ground crew would have on the overall experience, but they do. The Everlasting guides entertained us every morning with their songs and dancing - something we didn't see any other groups on the mountain enjoying. I also noted other groups eating sandwiches at lunch on days when we are tucking in to hot meals in our mess tent! They mightn't be the cheapest on the mountain, but I really believe they are the best.

Reply to: Planning a trip to Tanzania? Everlasting Tanzania Travels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted