We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanzania

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Tanzania

Hi there

I'm planning summer holiday for myself and three daughters 23,18 and 14. Is it safe to go travel with young ladies especially on safari trips.

Second question: Is three too long for tanzania to visit Islands or shall we half time to go Kenya too.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,851 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanzania

Hi

what do you mean is three too long.

You will be perfectly safe go with reputable Tanzanian Tour Operator I mentioned about 10 or so on another post Regional Safaris etc etc

I would not visit Kenya stick to one country unless you have a specific wish.

Do some cultural stuff as well you will all love it.

Safari trips are probably the safest place to be in Tanzania...of course be careful with your valuables as always when you travel.

I would also visit Zanzibar but let me know how many weeks and month of travel....august is a very busy month......what year 17 or 18.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,851 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanzania

PS are you flying into Kenya.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanzania

Thank you for the info. My plan is to go for three or 4 weeks from last week of july. We are crazy about beaches so we'll do Islands including zanzibar and few days safari trip. Because of the length of time I don't travel book packages. Last summer we have done Malaysia the same way and it worked out fine and cheaper. Can you please give me ideas about cultural info.

Thanks again

nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanzania

Most would wish to have 3-4weeks for safari, know that other than a 'budget' safari will cost quite alot and the only one of your three children eligible for a discount sharing with the others or with you might be the 14yr old (and that can vary depending on which lodge or camp. Do get rates from a few safari outfitters as prices can vary widely. Good luck!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanzania

3-4 weeks is a long trip. How long do you want to spend on the beaches? A healthy safari would be 7-10 days if you wish to go to the northern Serengeti (you are there at a good time of year for this). So if you choose 10 days, that would leave you with 11-18 days for beaches and if you would want to add Kenya/Rwanda. I would arrange a private safari out of Arusha. Drive out doing the northern circuit and then fly to Zanzibar at the end. I've a. Not been to Zanzibar and b. Don't enjoy beaches, so can't advise on that part of the trip.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanzania

If you guys are crazy for beaches they are many across the Tz coast line From Tanga -Dsm - Mtwara and on islands of Pemba,Znz and Mafia.

For safari Nps ones closest to the coast are Saadani,Mikumi and Selous.

3-4 weeks won't be enough :) with wide range of options to visit of course if budget allows!

Cheers & Peace

Mentioned in this post
Tanga
Tanga
Tanga Region, Tanzania
Pemba Island
Pemba Island
Mafia Island
Mafia Island
Pwani Region, Tanzania
Saadani National Park
Saadani National Park
Pwani Region, Tanzania
Mikumi National Park
Mikumi National Park
Morogoro Region, Tanzania
Selous Game Reserve
Selous Game Reserve
Lindi Region, Tanzania
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tanzania

I would say 14 days is a better safari for northern circuit. I would spend 14-16 days out on safari. Plan 1 day travel in and out. That leaves 6-10 days of beach (much more reasonable).

I think 10 days is adequate, but can be rushed for northern circuit. Many do 14 as a standard.

London
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tanzania

Firstly, I think you will be fine taking young girls. I have been twice (once solo aged 18) and although I got the occasional interest from men, I didn't find them particularly pushy or offensive.

I love Tanzania, a lot more than Kenya - it is also a lot safer - so 3 weeks is not too much. For something different, you can look at visiting Mafia Island. Stopping in Loshoto and doing a day hike is also a really fun thing to do. My itinerary and budget breakdown might be of use to you: theordinaryadventurer.com/travel/…

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Mafia Island
Mafia Island
Pwani Region, Tanzania
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tanzania

Do you mean 3 weeks holiday in Tanzania???

If yes allow 10 days safari in northern Tanzania safari and the rest in Zanzibar island

Edited: 12:59 pm, March 01, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tanzania

Yeah to visit in Tanzania with your ladies it's safe, in Tanzania have nice beaches, Zanzibar Iceland is very good and there is many attractive areas With different kinds of animals in our National parks like Serengeti, Mikumi, Ngorongoro, Manyara and Kilimanjaro Mountain.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Mikumi National Park
Mikumi National Park
Morogoro Region, Tanzania
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Ngorongoro Conservation...
Arusha Region, Tanzania
Kilimanjaro National Park
Kilimanjaro National Park