We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

Hi all, please take a look and tell me if this is feasible. A little background- We plan to travel in Feb 2017 with our two kids (3 and 5 yrs old) and our parents. So 6 adults and 2 kids- We will fly from Congo and our parents from India.

We have a short window that works for everyone, so I have tried to come up with an itinerary that optimises time.

Day 1- We reach Dar early morning -3am, parents reach at 3 pm. We fly to Kilimanjaro airport by the 6.45 pm flight/ 9.30 pm flight via Fastjet. Overnight in Arusha or Kilimanjaro airport.

Day 2 - Fly from Arusha to Seronera via Coastal- 7.45 am flight. Reach there at 8.55. Overnight at Serengeti seronera

Day 3- Drive to Ndutu, overnight at Ndutu safari lodge

Day 4 -Ndutu again. Overnight Ndutu safari lodge

Day 5- Drive to Ngorongoro. Overnight at Ngorongoro serena

Day 6 - Drive to Manyara early morning. maybe early breakfast. Then drive to Kilimanjaro airport. Fly from Kilimajaro to Dar by 12.30 pm flight. (Fastjet again)

So my questions are

How is this itinerary? Is this the best use of our limited days?

Day 6- Will we be able to make our 12.30 pm flight on time? Not too keen on Lake manyara, hence kept it for the last. We can spend very little time there and be ok with it.

The reason I picked flights from Dar- Kilimanjaro and Arusha- Seronera is they are cheap and it's working out to be 2500-3000 dollars cheaper than us directly flying from Dar - Seronera. Also the timings for the direct flights are a little too tight for the parents.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

HI

A 10:30 check in ? forget Manyara from Ngorongoro to Kilimanjaro is a minimum 4-5 hour drive and any delay you could miss your flight...

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

Skip lake manyara national park time is not allow you

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

Thanks, do you think we can fly into Lake manyara and start from there? Or maybe cut down one night in serengeti?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

You already have limited time in the serengeti. I would not shorten it. Rather cut out a location. Manyara is the logical one to eliminate.

It is already very rushed. Cut Manyara and enjoy the trip!

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

Thank you for your replies! I have finalised (almost) this itinerary.

Feb 19th- Reach Kilimanjaro international airport at 12.55 pm . Overnight at Arusha

Feb 20th - Fly from Arusha to Seronera 7.45 am flight, Safari and overnight at Serengeti

Feb 21st - Drive to Ndutu, Overnight at Ndutu

Feb 22nd- Ndutu Again

Feb 23rd- Drive to Ngorongoro, overnight there

Feb 24th - Drive from Ngorongoro to Manyara, short safari and lunch. Return flight from Kilimanjaro at 5.30 pm

Is this ok

Africa
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

Looks ok but perhaps you could consider flying from arusha into ndutu and do away with central Serengeti. This avoids driving back two hours the following day just after one night on a rough road with kids. If you must feel Serengeti, cross into it while staying at ndutu for a game drive in the southern part. Note getting ndutu accommodation is not easy in February. You might need help.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

Thank you. I am in touch witha few operators, should tie it down soon.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

Mobile tented camp is not suite with kids try lodge or permanent tented lodge such like

Lake masek tented camp,lake ndutu tented lodge ,from Serengeti to ndutu is just 80 km about 2 hours and ndutu to ngorongoro Crater rim is around 100 km ,

Ngorongoro Crater rim to lake manyara national is 60 km

Lake manyara national park to Arusha town 120 km

Arusha town to Kilimanjaro airport 50 km

Last day it will be very rush and better to leave early in ngorongoro driver to lake manyara national for short then Kilimanjaro airport

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

Hi

Check in 10:30 from Ngorongoro to airport is minimum 4 hours drive means leaving Ngorongoro at 06:30 there is no time for Manyara any delay at all means missing your flight.....

Edited: 6:19 am, December 12, 2016
10. Re: Please tell me if this is a feasible itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 14, 2017