We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinery again

U>K>
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
itinery again

once again thanks lamlee - you seem to be the only one answering - dont know why - am i on the wrong forum page as i am new to it- i take it i cant squeeze in the sabi sands somehow as it does seem that is the best way to see the wildlife if we left out a few days in Cape town and wine route etc?? for instance.

bdk
SA
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: itinery again

Hi Alabez

When you want to post something about the topic you started, just click on the icon "Reply to this post" below your name. Then all the discussions are on one page making it easier for you to follow. (Don't need to start a new topic each time.) You can fly from Cape Town to KMI Airport near Nelspruit direct and there are a number of transfer companies (I have details bdk@ddkk.co.za) who will transfer you to the lodge you choose.

bdk
SA
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: itinery again

Hi again

I would first do Cape Town, etc down South, then head up North and finsih off with the safari in the Sabi Sands. Then to Johannesburg to fly home from.

U>K>
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: itinery again

Many thanks bdk -my apologies to all as i have had 4 replies-maybe you missed my earlier posting setting out my poss itinery as we would be driving uo to P.E. after C.T. and wineries Sth. Penninsular etc. on tne Garden Route then Durban-Drakensbegs for some walking then Durban-U.K. we would dearly like to fit in the Kruger Park somewhere but maybe our trip is too short although as previously said we are not tied stictly to the month--any suggestions

bdk
SA
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: itinery again

Hi there!

Difficult choices you have to make. I however always suggest to people to finish off their visit to SA with a safari in the greater Kruger National Park. Maybe you should, depending on budget, fly a bit more between places. Try www.nationwide.co.za and www.flymango.com for cheap domestic flights.

U>K>
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: itinery again

taking all the advise on board many thanks to you all - think i will have to return to the drawing board - theres so much to take in and see- it just sounds a fabulous country- you must all be very proud to be in such a wonderful environment - i am still a little in the dark as regards the times needed for each of my "sections" so will be coming back to you if wouldnt mind for further advise.

bdk
SA
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: itinery again

Hi there again

For how long do you intend coming? Is it in March 2007?

U>K>
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: itinery again

Hi bdk yes all March 07 poss into early April we love all the outdoors everything S A has to offer but would prefer to avoid Jo'burg our window is 2 March to 5 April -can we do it all -this is what i am trying for at the mo i am with the dillema (a nice one tho) of whether after our 2 weeks-ish "Southern leg" to fly P.E.- Nelspruit-Durban-Draksensbergs -Durban-U.K.or P.E.-Durban-Drakensbergs-Durban-Nelspruit-U.K. any thoughts on this one???

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: itinery again

Hi Alabez, I am a South African living in UK. You are planning a BIG trip with a LOT of miles. Agree you should think about a few flights as suggested. If you want to do a safari, I have been to Sabi Sands many times (its divine but expensive). Last year I went to the reserve next to Sabi Sands called Thornybush. There are a number of camps there - some very pricey and one I went to was Tangala. I can highly recommend it - not luxurious, but very comfortable and excellent game viewing. See my review of Tangala on this website. and at the tangala website - www.tangala.co.za. If budget is no object would highly recommend Londolozi (my favourite). Have a wonderful time.

U>K>
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: itinery again

Thanks again folks-we are currently rehashing the trip (of a lifetime)-so much to take on board-and prioritize-the choices are enormous obviously but all are worthy of a visit-please keep them coming-flghts are high on the list because of the time factor (ecologically unfortunately) so i think we have eliminated Sabi-sands and private game reserves but will have a look at Tangala if not too expensive-we are determined to go to Kruger at least a week and hire a car for the Drakensbergs leg for 4/5 days it seems its developing into 2wks to cover the C.T./sth penn/wine rt/Garden rt and 2wks to cover Draks/Durban/Kruger with 1wk -ish travelling between all-pushing it yeh???

U>K>
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: itinery again

Thanks bdk and all of you think we have now got the trip outlined somewhere near what we are lookig for- please come back with any comments/suggestions /advic eas i'm sure its wide open for comment so here goes-March 3 arr C.T. for 3nts-6th Sth penninsular tour inc 1nt Scarboro/Simonstown? + 1nt Cape o G Hope +1nt Stand- 9th Wine tour 1nt Stellenbosch +1nt Spiers Est hotel +1nt Paarl -12th drive to Garden rt 1nt Mossel Bay+ 1nt-Krysna +2nts Tsitsikamma/Storms river -+1nt Wilderness/St Francis bay-19th 1nt Port E -1nt Addo E Pk-+21st Fly P.E.-Durban 3nts-+24th drive Drakensbergs via Zulu vill/Petermaritzburg - Estcourt area 5nts-29th Fly from Durban??-Nelspruit 7nts Kruger-5th April return U.K. --none of this is set in stone and we do like to "go wih the flow" nothing has been booked as yet --can anyone confirm that this would be a comfortable trip without breaking our necks to fit everything in.