We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Addo Rest Camp Forest Huts

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Addo Rest Camp Forest Huts

I am booking our accommodations for Addo National Park. Has anyone stayed in the forest huts? If so what were they like?

I am also looking at the Elephant House stable cottages. Has anyone stayed there?

I welcome your comments.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Addo Rest Camp Forest Huts

The forest huts are very nice, but small. At R370 for 2 or R478 for a family, they are very reasonable indeed.

They consist of a single room, that contains 4 single beds, a table and 2 bench seats and an open cupboard with all the cooking and eating utensils needed. Not sure about a clothes cupboards.

The room has an en-suite bathroom, (which is not so private sound-wise), consisting of shower, toilet and basin.

Each hut has a small veranda, where the fridge is and below that a private braai area.

There is a communal kitchen that has hotplates and a washing up area. Not sure about microwave. Each hut has a large basin for you to use to carry washing up backward and forward.

The pictures in the following link show the huts very accurately. sanparks.org/parks/…

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Addo Rest Camp Forest Huts

I would stay in Addo, if you can get accommodation.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Addo Rest Camp Forest Huts

Thanks for your feeback. I did manage to get one night in a forest hut - yeah!

4. Re: Addo Rest Camp Forest Huts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 25, 2009