We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Djuma versus Inyati

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Djuma versus Inyati

I am in the process of booking 3 night at a game lodge. Unfortunately, Elephant Plains, which was my first choice, is full. I am now looking at either Djuma (standard - luxury a bit too high) or Inyati. As they both sound good and are similarly priced, I am wondering what is the difference between them. Can anyone help me? I want to get this booked asap or I might be out of luck with them!!

Your feedback is much appreciated.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Djuma versus Inyati

Hi Yeribe. The accommodation at Inyati and Djuma Bush Lodge is about the same. Food & service possibly a bit better at Djuma. However, Inyati has a great plus in that the lodge is right on the banks of the Sand River, with magnificent views over this river. Ofcourse the river is a magnet for animals, and your chances of seeing elephant, buffalo, lion & leopard from the lodge, are very high. Inyati also traverses on an outstanding game viewing area, and the sightings of animals are very, very high. For me the emphasis would be on the quality of the animal sightings on your game drives, and in this Inyati comes out tops!

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Djuma versus Inyati

Hi

I have been to Djuma Vuyatela and that was great. I have written a trip report with some pictures that I can share with you if you are interested. Send me a mail on gardkarlsen@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you :-)

Regards

gard

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Djuma versus Inyati

I would also go with Djuma rather, although for game viewing both lodges are situated in superb areas and you will have great sightings at both. If you plan on driving there yourself, Inyati is accessed from one of the southern entrance gates (newington), and for djuma you need to drive all the way round to the northern side and go in at gowrie gate.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Djuma versus Inyati

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I was able to get 3 nights in Elephant Plains after all!! Also, I am staying two nights in the Lower Sabie rest camp. I believe from what I have been reading on this forum that this would be a good combination.

I love this forum!

5. Re: Djuma versus Inyati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 25, 2009