We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week Cape town wine area

Sauze d'Oulx, Italy
Level Contributor
39 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
1 week Cape town wine area

HI All.

We have a week we would like to spend in the wine region of Cape town.

Any suggestions on where to stay, what to visit, how to spend the time. We will have a car and love eating and drinking !!

If you think 6 days is too much please suggest where else you would recommend we arrive at CPT on 14th September and then go to Cape town for a weeks conference on 20th September and then will do the Graden route etc later.

So the other 2/3 days will need to be spent in the vicinity or by the table mountain area

Thanks

TSO
POULTON .LANCS.
Level Contributor
111 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week Cape town wine area

Have a look at Asara in Stellenbosch

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week Cape town wine area

I wouldn't usually advise this, but have you thought about splitting your time between Stellenbosch and Framschhoek. They are not too far apart but very different. Stellenbosch is a working town with a vibrant university and beautiful buildings. Franschooek is much more of a tourist village feel. Great restaurants in both.

I can recommend Fransvliet in Franschhoek and Majeka House in Stellenbosch.

Lisa

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week Cape town wine area

Hi, My Husband and I are doing this same thing in Oct. I would also like suggestions of the wineries to visit with the best views and tasting. We are basing in Paarl so we can go to Stellenbosch,Franschooek, or CapeTown from HWY 1. It is only an hour drive to Cape Town.

Level Contributor
946 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week Cape town wine area

I have done Fairview at Paarl , enjoyed the wine tasting and if you book you can also do tastings with the wine maker. Was disappointed by the cheese tasting however. The Spice Route next door offers Craft Beer tasting , chocolate making/tasting, I skipped the wine tasting there however, but enjoyed tasting and buying Richard Bosmans cured meats on offer , Kwv in paarl offer both wine tasting and brandy tasting as well as brandy and fudge pairing. They also offer tour showing the whole wine making process

Sauze d'Oulx, Italy
Level Contributor
39 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week Cape town wine area

HI Lisa

thanks for the suggestions. I have done abit of research and also come across Swartland wine and olive region. What do you think.

Have also looked at the tram tour. Is this worth it? or is it going to be easy for us to be based in Franschooek and use our hired car to get from one winery to the other.

Any winery you would recommend and where to eat?

6. Re: 1 week Cape town wine area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 28, 2016