We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

I came to CT 4 yrs ago as a visitor and just sort of ended up staying. Now hitched with a local lass has been big part of it but the beauty of this location has hooked and held me. Does any one city anywhere offer so much? It's no accident NY Times nominated CT as 'world's best dstination 2014'.

But if i had to choose (from about 20) just one spot i rate above all others it's Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. What do others think?

Edited: 11:55 am, July 04, 2014
London england
Level Contributor
241 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

So many to choose from, but maybe just walking on the beach at Camps Bay

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
847 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

Kirstenbosch gets my vote too, wonderful vistas and great for birds, often seen an owl in a tree and of course the plants.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

I too love Camps Bay. We stayed there for 4 nights last July.

My favorite day during our 4 day visit to Cape Town was the full day Peninsula tour drive. Kirstenbosch was part of that day, I think it was our first stop. We were there for almost 2 hours, and nearly had the whole park to ourselves. Then to Boulder beach, Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope, Chapman's Peak etc. We got to see a whole lot of great beauty that day.

It was rainy on and off that day, and we got to see big rainbows over the sea.

We also had this big ostrich coming out of no where and started to run alongside our car. We thought that it wanted to race us. My kids just loved it.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

Probably Kirstenbosch and Constantia, especially at one of the wineries. But a very difficult question to answer. I also like Kalk Bay.....

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

False Bay.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

Simply love Constantia, but also just walking around De Waterkant and Cape Quarter area, so many little cafes and restaurants plus I simply love the vibe.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

The best spot depends on the weather, season, mood, time of day, partner, etc. We are actually spoilt for choice! Right now it is freezing cold and wet outside - best spots planned for the rest of the day: Under duvet for a little nap, then along Chapman's Peak drive to look at the stormy sea, then Hout Bay harbour, then Constantia Farm Stall for coffee & cake, back to Fish Hoek along Ou Kaapse Weg to see if we can spot snow on the Hottentots Holland mountains. Supper probably at Penguin Café watching penguins at Boulders.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

There is always so much to choose from in Cape Town, but I've usually been torn between the beauty of Hout Bay and the views from Table View.

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

Home sweet home, with a Braii

Paris, France
Level Contributor
844 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what is your favourite spot in Cape town?

Arriving by plane and seeing Table Mountain from the air knowing what joys there are on the ground waiting for me!