We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some advice making final decisions please!

Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Some advice making final decisions please!

HI,

Traveling to South Africa mid April. Staying in Cape Town for 5 nights, the first two nights we will be at the Westin which says it's in the business district. We still need another hotel for the next 3 nights and would like to stay near one of the beaches. Any recommendations?

After Cape Town, we are traveling up to Kruger. I've researched a bunch on here and it seems that Sabi Sands location is getting the most recommendations. But what about Bulule? Looking at the Naledi Bushcamp there and also the Arathusa in Sabi Sands. Which location is closer to the airport in Nelspruit? Naledi is a bit more affordable so I'm leaning towards that, but this might be the only time we ever get to SA so I need to make sure I do it right!

Finally, we will be driving to Johenessburg from Kruger. Hoping to take in some sights along the way, so I will start to research that next, but wanted to make sure that was a nice option for our last full day in Africa.

Thanks so much in advance!

Vickie

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Some advice making final decisions please!

Hi again Spiceyvic,

Enjoy. I'm sure you'll have a great SA trip.

Brett | Owner | Safaris For Me | South Africa

Tailor-Made Safaris & Tours

Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Some advice making final decisions please!

Thanks everyone we can't wait for the adventure of a lifetime! Just came across Sausage Tree Safari Camp, now that looks cool! Great reviews too. I'm wondering now should we stay here or Nadeli? I'm sure we can't do wrong at either but if anyone had to choose, what would be your choice? Anyone notice that I cannot make a decision! Terrible characteristic! :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Some advice making final decisions please!

Well can't speak for Sausage Tree ( did see their location in Balule mmm ) but I have given my opinion of Naledi of both camps from personal experience, however as in all things its the individuals call. Don't procrastinate either way Naledi gets booked in advance if that is where you wish to go

Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Some advice making final decisions please!

Yes, stargaize, I'm afraid to wait much longer on this, but Sausage tree is considerably less expensive ($500+) so that's why I'm second guessing it. Naledi has been so awesome about getting back to me about everything, I feel so safe with them already but $500 is quite a bit more (is it worth that much more is my question, but they only ones that will know are those that live there or have been to both lodges!)

15. Re: Some advice making final decisions please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 24, 2015