We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari/Cape town

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
safari/Cape town

Am thinking of going to South Africa in April this year. Any advice on safari & visit to Cape Town. Travelling with children aged 13 & 15 but went to Kenya last year so they are used to travelling/safari. Any advice/recommendations on where to go would be gratefully received!

United Kingdom...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safari/Cape town

Hi

Try the area on the east coast south of Mozambique and north of Durban.

The beachs and wildlife are superb.I stayed in St Lucia and also visited Sodwana and Hluhluwe-Imfolozi gamepark

Try the website below for other info.

.http://www.stluciainfo.co.za/index.asp

I am a mid aged english guy and have travelled all around SA and would recommend the area for at least a weeks stay .

Forget the garden route in my humble opinion and enjoy all there is to do in Cape Town and Stellanbosch with the time saved on travelling.

Good luck, SA is a marvellous experience for all ages !!!

Bon Voyage

Richard

London, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safari/Cape town

Hi Jill,

I'll leave the Cape Town bit to the local experts we have on here, but I'm a big safari fan.

I've just come back from three superb lodges - Kings Camp, Leopard Hills and Madikwe Hills. My reports are posted on here for them so take a look.

Little Madikwe can be booked out just for your familiy and you get your own ranger and cook too! It's a two bedroomed suite so ideal for a family - i saw it when I was there and it's mind blowing! And it's malaria free in the Madikwe.

The game viewing is better imo in the Kruger however so try Kings or Leopard Hills and get two suites - they are gorgeous.

Have a great time.