My boyfriend and I are spending 11 nights in South Africa in mid-March. We're flying into and out of Cape Town, but would like to explore more of the country as well. We're 25 and on a bit of a budget (not thinking youth hostels, but not high-end luxury either!). Do you have any suggestions for a potential budget friendly itinerary? I would like to do the following...although I realize this list is too long at the moment!
1. Explore Cape Town
3. Safari (sounds like Kruger is best...but I'm apprehensive about the cost of the flight, etc....is going to Kruger worth it, or should I check out some reserves closer to Cape Town?)
4. Victoria Falls (seems far from Cape Town...)
5. Time for sunbathing and relaxation (will this be possible in mid-March...it looks like it should be warm)
6. Garden Route (...or part of it)
7. Durban (worth it given I only have 11 nights?)
Any suggestions on a potential itinerary or other recommendations would be appreciated! This is my first trip to this part of Africa. Thanks!