We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another honeymoon question

new jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
another honeymoon question

I know this question has been asked numerous times already but I'm looking for some help completing my iteniary for our trip to south africa in July. So far we are looking at the following, arriving cape town July 10th spending the next two to three days in cape town (what should we do?nightlife?tours?etc.) staying at Les Cascades in Bantry Bay. Around July 14th we are looking to spend approx two day's in wine country, looking for places to stay and any good tours, we will hire a car for this trip. We will then return to cape town and would like to do a day trip to cape point or Hermanus. After that July 18th we will depart for 4 day's to Lion Sands in Kruger, and then back to New York. Any help would be greatly appreciated, in particular with regard to our wine country and Hermanus trip.

Mentioned in this post
Bantry Bay
Bantry Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Hermanus
Hermanus
Overstrand, South Africa
Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,494 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: another honeymoon question

A day trip to Cape Point is a good idea. Please note that Cape Point (just like Table Mountain) is usually cold and windswept. Even if it is a nice day in Cape Town, pack a jacket.

Attractions in Cape Town :- there is the Aquarium (if you haven't been to Sea World), a trip to Robin Island, Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden. The V&A waterfront will keep you busy for a day or 2.

Find out if July is the right time for whales, it might be a bit early, so Hermanus might not produce the results.

Also note, July is the coldest and wettest month in Cape Town.

bbc.co.uk/weather/…

Mentioned in this post
Table Mountain
Table Mountain
16,917 Reviews
Table Mountain National Park, South Africa
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Hermanus
Hermanus
Overstrand, South Africa
new jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: another honeymoon question

Thanks lamlee, I was also wondering if it would be better to spend a night in Stellenbosch or Franschoek. Also will it be possible to catch a rugby game in cape town during July.

Mentioned in this post
Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch
Western Cape, South Africa