We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where can I ride a quad bike, also suitable for kids

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
where can I ride a quad bike, also suitable for kids

Hello,

Where in the neighbourhoud of Kaapstad, Hermanus, Oudtshoorn, Port Elizabeth, Addo park can we ride quad bikes. It should not be a very long tour, as my daughter who is 10 will ge joining and maybe driving, with daddy sitting at the back.

Other tips to do in South Africa with kids are very welcome!

Thanx!

London, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where can I ride a quad bike, also suitable for kids

10km from Addo is the "Bydand B&B and Quad Tours" Accommodation. That's the only quad place I can help with. southafrica-stay.com/Accommodation.mvc/1088

I'm not sure if you have to stay there in order to ride the quad bikes or if they offer it seperately as well.

Your daughter will most likely enjoy the Two Oceans Aquariu, at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town as well: http://www.aquarium.co.za/

There is an Elephant Sanctuary near Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route which might be an option: www.elephantsanctuary.co.za/cragshome.htm

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,153 posts
506 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where can I ride a quad bike, also suitable for kids

There is a place near Worcester - Tradoux on the R62 (about an hour from Cape Town), where I know they do quad biking up into the mountains. From memory, I think they did 1, 2 and half day tours . They catered for all ages and abilities.

www.tquads.co.za/tours.htm

When looking for the aboue website, I also found this, which has more quad biking around Cape Town

www.uncoverthecape.co.za/extreme/quad-biking/

Also saw these guys when I was in Stanford, near Hermanus

www.ecoquad.co.za

Hope this helps

salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where can I ride a quad bike, also suitable for kids

Hi there,

Both of you thank you very much for the quad tips, I will be definatly be using one and we will also stop at the 2 oceans acuarium.

Kind regards Maria

4. Re: where can I ride a quad bike, also suitable for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 10, 2010