We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger Safari Camps

new jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kruger Safari Camps

Can anyone help me in picking a safari camp in Kruger. Looking to go next summer on honeymoon, would like to spend no more than US$800 a night for two, would like to be in around US$500 to US$800, any help would be great. This is probably the first of many questions I will have on honeymooning in SA.

Felleng Day Tours
Safaris, Cultural Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Ingrid's Safaris - Day Tour
Safaris, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kruger Safari Camps

My wife and I went to Johannesburg in December last year. We were first of all there to visit family but we also got a chance to go on a safari near the Kruger park. We had a wonderful stay at Djuma Game Reserve located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. It was quite expensive...about 1700$ per person for our 3 day stay. But everything was included in the package...from the plane from Joburg to the Kruger, food and drinks etc.

Are you also staying a few days in Johannesburg? If so I would recommend that you check out Constitution Hill, Apartheid museum and Soweto :-)

I guess you are also planning on going to Cape Town? This is one of my favourite cities in the world...I have been there 3 times but I would love to go back again. It is a beautiful city with the ocean and the magnificent Table mountain in the background :-)

I have posted a few trip reports with pictures on my personal homepage but due to the forum guidelines I'm not allowed to post the link here. But if you do a google search on my name gardkarlsen you should be able to find it :-)

Get in touch if you have any questions or comments...and good luck with the wedding :-)