We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Month in South Africa

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1 Month in South Africa

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some advice/suggestions for a month trip to South Africa. My girlfriend and I are travelling for 6 months, with South Africa our first stop. We fly into Cape Town on the 28th November 2007, then out of Jo-burg on 28th December. While we've researched some activities, I'd love to hear suggestions from people that have been there and done it! I've got a few more specific questions:

- We're looking to use the "Baz Bus" to get around, has anyone used it before? Any idea on it's regularity during Xmas and Dec 28th?

- Any suggestions for Xmas day? As we're flying out of Jo-burg on the 28th, I'd imagine we'll be around that region, if not in Jo-burg itself. While we obviously have quite a tight budget, think we may splash out for xmas!

- While travelling along the coast up to Durban, any places we MUST see? We'd love to learn to surf somewhere!

Any information would be great,

Thanks guys,

Luke and Holly

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Month in South Africa

22nd of Dec to 6th Jan is peak, peak, peak season. Don't expect to rock up somewhere on or near the coast and get accommodation easily.

2. Re: 1 Month in South Africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, September 10, 2009