We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for my iteinerary...

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
84 posts
243 reviews
Save Topic
Help for my iteinerary...

Dear All

I will be travelling to Seychelles in June this year. I will be staying 5 days there.(reaching in the afternoon in Mahe of Day 1). I have been through several forum discussions and I dont see a clear winner among Mahe or Praslin. My preferences are lovely beaches (less crowded), lots of food options....I am not much into beach activities like diving, snorkelling etc....Which island should I prefer? Mahe or Praslin ?Or shall I spit 2 days in Praslin and 2 days in Mahe with 1 day trip to La digue. Will it be too hectic? Or will I be better off staying on one island for 5 days with a day trip to La Digue..

Kindly suggest..Your inputs would be crucial for my plans...

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

My favourite island is La Digue because it has the best beaches in Seychelles and it is small - only 10 sq. km and you can use the bikes and walk to get to all the beaches. It has also the most deserted beaches (every time I have visited Anse Marron we were the only tourists there) in comparison with Praslin and Mahe. Anse Cocos has few tourists because you need to get to Grand Anse first by bike and then you need to hike for 20-25 mins to reach this beach.

The northern and north- eastern beaches are very wild and definitely you will not find too many tourists after you pass Anse Patates...

So I would choose to go for 5 days to La Digue with one day trip to Praslin or 5 days to Praslin with 1-2 day trips to La Digue. Mahe is too crowded for my idea of Paradise so if you do not prolonge your holiday to have time to explore it for 3-4 days I would leave it for some other time.

Staying on 3 islands for 5 days is really "suicidal"; you will travel too much and you will remain with very few time for enjoying The Paradise.

Miki

mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

HI

Totally agree with Mikiduta with regards to La Digue's beauty and privacy, but I would stay 2 days in Mahe if you prefer more food choices, since there are much more restaurants and hotels on Mahe than La Digue or Praslin for that matter, also 5 days in La Digue only would be too much, of course a day trip to Praslin would be a must to see the Valley De Mer and Anse Lazio.

www.seychellesbayview.com

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

5 days on La Digue is never too much if you want to explore the whole island. An itinerary as follows:

Day 1: Grand Anse - Petite Anse - Anse Cocos

Day 2: Anse Source d'Argent - Anse Marron - Grand Anse

Day 3: Nid d'Aigle - Veuve Reserve

Day 4: Day trip to Coco and Felicite

Day 5: Anse Severe - Anse Patates - Anse Banane

will definitely make you feel that La Digue is a timeless oasis in the vast Indian Ocean.

Miki

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
84 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

Dear Miki

Thanks a ton for the inputs...It will help me a lot in deciding the final itinerary...

Cheers !

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
84 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

Hi Miki

One more question, if i plan to stay in La Digue for 3 days and 2 days in Mahe... Will do 1 day trip to Praslin. Will that be ok? What all should not be missed in Praslin?

There are 2 reasons why I am stressing on Mahe ,

-> My return flight is from Mahe in the afternoon, So its always comfortable to know that the airport is a few mins away on the day of departure

-> I am a vegetarian, so i ideally needs lots of restaurants to choose from pick a tit bit here n there...

Let me know your views

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

Hi!

Praslin can not be seen in only one day but most of its major attractions yes. I would start with Vallee de Mai and then I would head to Anse Lazio for 2-3 hrs. I would end the trip with a stop at Cote d'Or before taking the ferry back to La Digue.

Miki

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
84 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

Thanks Miki appreciate your help...

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
84 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

Hi Miki

Since we decided to stay in La Digue..considering its the best of the lot, can you suggest any hotels. I am looking for a good swimming pool, decent service and food options. Budget would be around 5000-6000 EUROS for 3 days.

Also what is the currency that is accepted most in Seychelles for tourists? Dollars, Euros or Pounds?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

Hi!

Your budget is really high for what you will spend in 3 days since accommodation, food and drinks are your main expenses on La Digue. Le Domaine Orangeraie and Le Repaire have the best accomodation on the island, Le Repaire being a boutique hotel with only 9 rooms. Superior rooms offer a better view and more privacy than standard one at Le Repaire while The Villas Charme Elegance are the best in DLO. I hope you find availability in one of the 2 mentioned hotels. Regarding payments you can take with you usd, eur or gbp and you need to change them in scr at Cash Plus in La Passe area.

Miki

Bhubaneswar, India
Level Contributor
84 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help for my iteinerary...

Hi miki

I am also looking at la digue island lodge n patatran village hotel....the former seemed to have a great pool....

whats ur views on these accommodations? In terms of location n service