We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Digue or Praslin

Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
La Digue or Praslin

Hi,

I will be on honeymoon in August in the Seychelles, we had planned to stay 10 nights on Mahe and just do day travel to La Digue or Praslin, but a few Tripadvisor people thought that it would be a shame to miss out on staying on La Digue or Praslin.

Question

How many nights should we stay on Praslin or La Digue???

If we only stay 3 nights, would you recommend we stay on one island or the other??? or split it 2 nights on each or something??

Can anyone recommend a nice higher end luxury hotel on La Digue? Or decent places on La Digue if you think the hotel would be a waste of money if we are out and about all day.

Thanks everyone

The honeymooners!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Digue or Praslin

Hello wolftone!

Both islands are really great and have something different to offer: Praslin with its great beaches (Anse Lazio and Anse Georgette) and Vallee de Mai Natural Reserve while La Digue has the best beaches I have ever seen: Anse Source d'Argent, Anse Cocos and Anse Marron. La Digue is taking you in a great journey that will make you feel in Paradise. You will not have the time to visit everything but beach hopping is a must if you stay for 2 days on La Digue. Le Repaire is a great boutique hotel and I like it more than Le Domaine Orangeraie because it is more romantic and quiet.

Miki

Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Digue or Praslin

Hi Miki,

Thanks so much for that advice.

Do you recommend then staying on La Digue and just island hop over to Praslin on a day trip, or do you think we should split and stay on both islands??

I am only in the Seychelles 10 days total, and will be around Mahe, how many days do you think would be adequate for a stay on Praslin or La Digue??

I will check out your hotel recommendation now!

Thanks again!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Digue or Praslin

Hello wolfetone!

6 days are enough if you want to discover both islands. We like Praslin and La Digue much more than Mahe, because they represent a silent Paradise. La Digue is my favourite since it has a high density of gorgeous beaches and if you exclude the 10 cars and lorries from the island you can say that you stepped in a world from nineteenth century.

It would be better if you can stay on both islands because both have something different to offer. If you can stay for 3 days on Praslin you should think also to a trip to Cousin, Curieuse and St Pierre.

Miki

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Digue or Praslin

Hi,

It would be a shame to be in the Seychelles and not visit Praslin and La Digue. You could stay 2-3 nights on each island and still have enough time to visit Mahe as well. La Digue was our favourite and the hike to Anse Marron one of the highlights of our whole trip.

Le Repaire is a great recommendation. The manager is really friendly and her husband cooks amazing Italian food. That said, the rooms at Le Domaine Orangeraie are probably the best on the island. Even if you don't stay at LDO, treat yourself to a massage at their spa. The views are stunning!

5. Re: La Digue or Praslin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 10, 2014