We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denis, Cousine or Desroches?

Haugesund, Norway
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Denis, Cousine or Desroches?

Looking for a one resort, intimate, private island location, with great coral for snorkeling and diving. Preferably a smaller resort, for travel in September, which is apparently the best time to see whale-shark. I have been looking at Denis, Cousine and Desroches, which seem to be in our budget range (North and Fregate look amazing, but over our budget). Any recommendations from the three, or any other suggestions?

Aslo, does anyone know the best dive spots to see whale-shark?

Thanks.

1. Re: Denis, Cousine or Desroches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:57 pm, May 12, 2013
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denis, Cousine or Desroches?

Do you know how to register with them? I found an email address but have had no response and couldn't find a website that gave any info on how to do so. I'm hoping to see a whale shark at the end of August

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denis, Cousine or Desroches?

Stayed at Desroches and Denis I prefer Denis more because snorkeling off the beach is better but do not expect to have the corals from Egypt or Maldives. Corals are in bad shape, they are trying to recover after 1997 El Nino phenomenon. Also we did not find the same fauna from Maldives. No whale-sharks or manta rays around. Lots of black tip sharks, parrotfish, angelfish, clownfish, hawksbill turtles and blue surgeons.

For whale-sharks spotting did you contact MCSS by filling their form?

http://www.mcss.sc/contact.html

Miki

4. Re: Denis, Cousine or Desroches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 29, 2014