We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions in Mahe

Dubai, United Arab...
11 posts
Save Topic
Excursions in Mahe

Does anyone know any reasonable tour operators for the following?

1)Boat trip to St. Anne Marine park (with good snorkelling equipment)

2) Trail to Anse Major walking or by boat

3) Parasailing and other water sports

I am planning to visit Mahe in May. I checked a few places and most of them charge over 100 EUR!!! I am guessing that I am looking at the wrong tour operators.

Also I am planning to rent a car during my stay in Mahe. Absolute Car and Alpha Rental both quoted 40 EUR per day. Is this the standard rate? And are these companies reliable?

Mahe
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions in Mahe

HI

1) Boat trip you should contact Creole travels, Masons, Elite club.

2) Anse Major - Masons and Elite

3) Para-sailing is based at Beau Vallon you just need to show up on a nice sunny day

These would cost you 100 euros if not more, as they generally include a full day trip that includes food, boat trip, and pick up

Car rental is around 40 euros, Generally all car hires in Seychelles are reliable as they need to have no more than five year old cars.

Rental Seychelles

Dubai, United Arab...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions in Mahe

Thank you for the Information.

Are there any other cheaper options? I checked these places but the price seems to be a bit high.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions in Mahe

Hello!

1. First of all Creole and Masons are to be avoided for Marine Trips, they have the best service, the best catamaran in Seychelles (Oplezir) but also the highest prices. (around 125 euro)

Teddy Hoareau is charging 85 euro per person teddysgbb@yahoo.com. You can speak with the fruit seller opposite to The Boathouse Restaurant if you want to go with him. 90 euro is the price that another company located on Beau Vallon (near Berjaya) is charging for this kind of trip.

2. Anse Major has to be done alone from La Scala Restaurant, near Danzil.

3. Parasailing only at Beau Vallon

4. Both companies (Alpha and Absolute) are very reliable. Price is good knowing that now all the prices went up in SEY. Just check the liability in case of an accident. Accidents occur frequently on Mahe. I saw 3 in the last week-end. (La Misere, Anse aux Pins and Anse a la Mouche)

Miki

Dubai, United Arab...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions in Mahe

Thanks. I will keep this in mind.

Btw how difficult is the trail to Anse Major? Are there signs to follow?

Also I am planning to go to Praslin & La Digue for a day each. Do you think its better to use a guide or can the island be explored ourselves?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions in Mahe

Hello Abraham!

The trail to Anse Major is not difficult, there are no signs but practically you do not need them, you will have all the time on the right side The Ocean and you will go through the forest and also on granite paths.

For La Digue and Praslin you can explore it on your own. A car is needed on Praslin. Anse Lazio, Anse Georgette and Valle de Mai should not be missed while on La Digue Anse Source d'Argent, Grand Anse and Anse Cocos are the best you can do if you come with the first ferry and leave with the last.

Miki

Dubai, United Arab...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions in Mahe

Thanks a lot Miki for your input :) Appreciate it.

Italy
Level Contributor
829 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions in Mahe

hello what's need for buses? coins? we pay the driver? They have change?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions in Mahe

Hello Miki!

You need either coins (1 and 5) or banknotes of 10 RS or 25 RS. The driver do not accept banknotes with a value equal or higher than 50 RS.

Miki

9. Re: Excursions in Mahe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 16, 2014