We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

Is it a difficult walk? physically and will it be hard to find, easy to get lost etc? Lastly would you recommended doing it without a guide? Many thanks

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

Thanks a lot Lucy! I will come with fresh details on the forum after I will return home.

Miki

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

We did the tour to Anse Marron with a guide that works with the Domaine de l'Orangerie in La Digue (we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite there, how cool is that), we started the hike at Grande Anse, had lunch at Anse Marron, and then continued the "trek" which ended in Anse Source d'Argent. The tour costed 45Euros per head but I highly recommend it. It took us all day and the walk and trek itself to Anse Marron is deifnitely an adventure if you are slim!!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

Great to hear that you liked it. It is quite an adventure. What's the name of the guide which brought you there?

Miki

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

Hey Miki, how was your holiday? The guy was called Robert, do you know him?? We left our bikes at his dad's haha, and yes I had the adventure of my life!!!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

My holiday in Seychelles was better than ever, full of adventure and with great hot weather.

If you have been with Robert Agnes then I know him very well. We are friends, we speak at least once a week and we have been together at Anse Marron on April. He is a great guy and guide. He prepared a divine fruit platter for us at Anse Marron. We miss him a lot.

Miki

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

Hi Miki, wow send him my regards next time you see him! Yes very funny guy indeed but he is very careful on his tour and really takes care of tourists, would highly recommend him!

All the best Lucy

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

Hi,

Is it possible to get to Anse Marron or Anse Coco with an 8 month old baby?

Many thanks!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

Hi!

I would not risk the health of a 8 month old baby to get to Anse Marron; You need to climb rocks of 2-3 m height so my advice is do not try it. For Anse Cocos things are different because to get there you do not need to climb rocks, the path is much easier (there is climbing but on a marked path with no rocks on it) so I recommend it. To get to Anse Cocos you need to get to Grand Anse either by bike or by taxi and from there you need to take the path to Petite Anse - Anse Cocos.

Miki

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

Is there a way to get to Anse Source D'Argent without paying to go through the plantation? I don't mind walking and exploring some but I don't want a hike that will take all day. If you rent a bike to explore are there safe places to leave the bikes while you enjoy the beaches? Also...are markets easily accessible to buy water, cokes etc at when we first arrive? We will take the free shuttle from the mahe airport to the jetty with a couple of hours to spare before our boat leaves for Praslin. Then we will go from Praslin to La Digue a couple of days later. Thanks for the advice!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: walk from anse source d'argent to anse marron

Hi Clash,

You can reach Anse Source d'Argent without paying if you start the hike from Grand Anse, passing by Anse Marron. It is a 2 hour mix of hike on granite boulders and walk through the woods and water but be careful that there is no marked path. For a first timer it will be difficult to find the right way to Anse Source d'Argent, probably hiring a guide will be a much better idea.

I am always asking the bike owner to give us lockers so I am not worried where I let my bike. You should do the same.

When you exit Mahe airport, on the right side you will find a cafeteria from where you can buy refreshing drinks before taking the free shuttle to the jetty.

Miki

Get answers to your questions about Seychelles