We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seychelles in mid Feb?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Seychelles in mid Feb?

Hello, we are planning to visit Seychelles during Mid Feb 2013..

i have heard the weather is pleasant round the year, but just wanted more views on it.

3-4 days each in Mahe and Praslin is what am thinking of. With 1 day visit to La Digue while am in Praslin.

For Mahe, Beachcomber seems to be my pick with Berjaya in Praslin . Also would like to know which is better for diving, Mahe or Praslin? sorry if this is a repeat. I havent researched much yet and looking for your opinions, Thanks much.

Victoria, Seychelles
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seychelles in mid Feb?

Hi Abhas1987

February is such a wonderful month on the island. Very hot and humid and little chance of rain. Amazing sea conditions for snorkelling and diving.

You have selected a good spilt of the islands, especially as you want to fit in diving too.

I would select to dive off both Mahe and Praslin, as there is such a variety of dive spots and the sea life varies. You are sure to see some hawksbill turtles during this time, as it is still their breeding season.

Each of the hotels would be able to help you with contacting the dive centres and checking the day before which dive spots they are going to be visiting.

I do hope you enjoy our amazing islands.

Victoria
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seychelles in mid Feb?

You should also pay the St. Anne Marine Park a visit. Snorkeling there is great!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seychelles in mid Feb?

Thanks so much for your replies Soul and SeychellesConnect....looking forward to this trip..

Also thinking of booking a guesthouse or lodge kind of something at one island and a larger resort at other to experience both kind of places...

Is international license a mandate?

Cheers ,

Abhas

Victoria, Seychelles
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seychelles in mid Feb?

Hi Abhas1987

Have you an idea of what island you wish to visit or resort you wish to stay at?

And no you can use your own national driver's license when hiring a car in the Seychelles. As you are here for less than 3 months.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seychelles in mid Feb?

Hey,

Great my national license is good enough

Mahe and Praslin each for 4 days, while am in Praslin, i plan to visit La Digue for a day. I am confused for which one i should visit first Mahe or Praslin.

For Mahe, Beachcomber seems to be my pick and Berjaya in Praslin.

Any suggestions here for similar kind of resorts?

Thanks Again !!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seychelles in mid Feb?

I do not recommend Berjaya Praslin because it is not a safe hotel. I was there 2 nights ago, I cross the hotel from the beach to the gate, I have not seen any security and there were some Pirates on the hotel grounds trying to sell fake trips to the hotel tourists. I know that it is a very cheap hotel for Seychelles but I think that you should look for other hotel on Praslin. You have other options like Paradise Sun, La Reserve, Village du Pecheur or Villa Kass in Anse Possession - Anse Volbert - Cote d'Or area. Whitetip divers are also present on the western side of Anse Volbert area.

7. Re: Seychelles in mid Feb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 25, 2013