We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banyan Tree Rooms

sft
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Banyan Tree Rooms

Hello,

I will be travelling to the Banyan Tree as part of my honeymoon after a safari in Kenya so this will be the relaxing, tropical getaway portion of the trip. We are quite set on the Banyan Tree as we also seem to be getting good rates through our travel agent but are having a tough time deciding on the room type to go for.

We have eliminated the Hillside Villa bur are considering the Pool Villa by the Rocks, Beachfront Pool Villa and Intendance Pool Villa. Preferences seem to be more towards the Rocks and the Intendance they just seem to have a little more character and nice views, and the beachfront villas look like they may be behind more vegetation with pieces of beach view. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited: 10:05 pm, October 12, 2012
Le Chateau de Feuilles
Le Chateau de Feuilles
#1 of 4 hotels in Baie Ste Anne
MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa
MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 hotels in Anse Louis
Constance Lemuria
Constance Lemuria
#1 of 2 hotels in Anse Kerlan
Seychelles
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Banyan Tree Rooms

One of the advantages of the hillside villas is the views and privacy.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banyan Tree Rooms

Beachfront villas have no view over the ocean due to dense vegetation but have outdoor garden, outdoor jacuzzi, more spacious room comparable with hillside villas.

Pool villa on the rocks include outside private pool, Dining area and sundeck and is also offering an outside jacuzzi. The only minuses they have is the lack of massage pavilions and the room surface but they have a big plus compared with beach front villas: the view.

If I were you I would definitely choose a pool villa on the rocks; thai girls can do their work also at the spa :)

Victoria, Seychelles
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Banyan Tree Rooms

Hi Sft

The views from the hillside and rocks have the most stunning views. The villas are more private and you are left with the feeling of sleeping in a tropical rainforest with all the dense lush vegetation surrounding you. Adds to the sense of total privacy.

The beachfront villas are very beautiful too, but the vegetation is serving two purposes there, to prevent erosion and to offer you some sense of privacy from the passing public using the beach.

If you wanting that totally secluded feeling I would suggest the rocks villa and get the buggy to drive you to the beach. This is a hawksbill turtle laying beach by the way so if you are travelling between Oct to Feb you may be lucky to witness either a female laying her eggs or the hatchings making their way to the Indian Ocean.

Wishing you all the best with your wedding and I do hope you have a totally amazing honeymoon in our paradise islands.

sft
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banyan Tree Rooms

Thanks for the replies and comments. I am leaning towards the Villa by the Rocks due to the privacy and views.

5. Re: Banyan Tree Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Seychelles