We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting a car

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
renting a car

I will be staying at Maia for 5 nights as part of my upcoming honeymoon. How important is it to have a car on Mahe? It seems like there are a lot of great beaches and stuff, and it would be nice to be mobile? Are they pretty easy to rent at the airport upon arrival? Thanks for any help!

Also any day trips or must do things on Mahe would be greatly appreciated. We are there aug 21 thru 26th.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting a car

When I go to Seychelles I think twice before renting a car. In Mahe you can use either the bus service which is running from 6 am to 7 pm, either the car rental. A mix between these two was the best solution for me. There are several rent a car companies at the airport. I used Sixt in the past and I paid for a Kia Rio 38 euro per day. Also the buses are very useful, you can find timetables and routes at Victoria Terminal.

Seychelles
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: renting a car

I would take a taxi on arrival. Hire a car once you at Maia. Hibiscus Cars and Palm Cars are in the area, reliable friendly service. Ask at reception or google them. You definelty need to visit the island!

belgium
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting a car

Just back from pradise and we rented a car , the person (ryan ) was sooo helpfull, he was wating for us at the airport (very early !!!! ) with our name on a sign , we had his car for 40 euro a day, he was so helpfull , he bring the luggage in his OWN car to the appartement if you booked a small car , helped afterwards with all we wanted to know about the weather ( he will never forget me i think ..) , bootcharters and other information !

1 adres ; St Louis car rental ...ask for cheeseman Ryan ...!!!!

4. Re: renting a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:46 pm, September 03, 2012
5. Re: renting a car

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:33 am, August 15, 2012
England, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: renting a car

Try Melvin at scenic car hire very good guy and delivers to you .

7. Re: renting a car

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, September 10, 2012
8. Re: renting a car

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 12, 2013